Customer Service Manager
- Post Date:1st April 2022
- Views 102
- Salary £30,000/yr - £35,000/y
Founded in 1884, Mylands is one of the world’s oldest manufacturers of premium/luxury paints and wood finishes based in London and holds the ultimate seal of approval – the Royal Warrant. Informed by the past, inspired by the future, Mylands specialises in paint, historical pigment matching and restoration projects, including Westminster Abbey and St Paul’s Cathedral, as well as supplying paint and wood finishes to the royal palaces for decades. Since the 1920s, Mylands has grown up with the British film industry, working on the biggest productions of TV, film and theatre, including Harry Potter, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, and James Bond. Mylands uses only superior quality ingredients and natural earth pigments to produce its exquisite range of over 170 timeless colours in a selection of environmentally friendly interior and exterior paints, bringing the highest quality paint and wood finishing products to customers.
Mylands is pleased to be part of ‘Design for Diversity’, a nationwide campaign to promote inclusivity and diversity, and to improve representation, within the interiors industry.
Still a family business after over six generations of experience, we are at an exciting point of growth and are looking for a proactive, inspiring, driven Customer Service Manager to join our “Mylands Family”.
You will be a top candidate if:
- You have such a passion for Customer Service that you easily spot in your everyday life when service lacks perfection.
- It is second nature for you to put yourself into the shoes of customers. You always look for ways to further improve and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- You can anticipate the needs and wishes of customers in the premium and luxury goods market, and you know how to exceed expectations.
- You are passionate about technical knowledge in interior design, colour schemes, paint, wood finishes
- You have experience managing teams and/or projects and strive for operational excellence.
- You are experienced using Six Sigma
- Manage and inspire our Customer Services team. Role model the delivery of an exceptional customer experience, as expected of a premium brand across phone, email, and live chat.
- Think differently and identify opportunities to further build customer loyalty.
- Drive operational excellence projects – generate reports and data to inform decision making, drive efficiencies, and make recommendations on improvements for an outstanding customer experience.
- Allocate resources effectively and collaborate with other departments to deliver on targets.
- Carry out coaching and mentoring sessions to identify employees’ needs and ensure quality targets are met.
- Ensure high visibility within the team to encourage honest two- way dialogue that builds confidence and an environment of trust and respect.
General Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Take orders over the phone and online, and enter them onto the electronic business system (Odoo)
- Database management as needed; update customer contact details in the system
- Respond and manage any queries, both internal and external
- Liaise with our Warehouse Department regarding daily deliveries and keep customers informed
- Ownership of any escalated issues regarding order delivery, following up with the customer and internal stakeholders to ensure a fast resolution.
- Process and report customer complaints
- Keep up to date with new products, training and company campaigns.
Additional Skills and Experience needed:
- Knowledge of contact centre technology and ability to analyse data produced
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with outstanding organisation skills and ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Proven sales and customer satisfaction record
- Determination and drive for results
- University Degree
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience (2-4 years) in premium interior design, sales, customer service, colour consultancy
- Customer-first mindset, going above and beyond for customers
- Creative problem solver to find wow moments for our customers in a realistic way
- Excellent phone etiquette and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- IT proficient (email, databases, business system, spreadsheets)
- Team player, but able to work and prioritise work individually
- Positive, proactive Can-Do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Good sense of humour
- At Mylands, we are family. We care and we respect each other, and we look for those who do the same whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with others.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution
- Company bonus scheme
- Company events
- Generous staff discount on Mylands products
- 20 holidays per year (increasing with length of service) + bank holidays
- Growth opportunities in an expanding organisation
- Free tea, coffee, water, and biscuits
- Free onsite parking
If you feel you are a great fit for this position, if you are authorised to work in the UK, and if you are willing to commute to SE27 0HQ, London, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
Your Mylands Family