Customer Service and Logistics Administrator
- Post Date:10th September 2021
- Views 295
12 Month Fix Term Contract
Purpose Of Role
The main purpose of the job is to provide efficient customer service and to administer customer’s orders and logistics.
- To receive, process and confirm customers’ orders for the UK and the rest of the world.
- Liaise if necessary with Finance department with regard to credit control.
- Liaise with Production planning to ensure orders are despatched within Synthomer and customer’s timescales.
- Provide cost-effective solutions to non-standard orders to meet costumer expectations
- Place orders for all transport modes ensuring accurate loading lists and freight accruals and prepare the dispatch paperwork.
- Arrange import and export clearance in a timely manner.
- Process and prepare export and import documentation as per customer and country requirements.
- Liaise with carriers / hauliers to ensure the correct documentation is in place to avoid any delays in the supply chain relating to importing and export materials.
- Ensure that all parties within supply chain are up to date with any changes.
- Raise relevant billing documents, process customer returns and credit notes in line with company authorisation policy.
- Ensure all relevant month end procedures including consignment stock is completed within the timescale.
- Being responsible for pricing and customer master data.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in accordance with the department SOPS and the Quality Management Systems.
- Ensure the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy is adhered to and developed within the customer service and logistics team.
- General ad-hoc office duties.
- Support with any departmental projects.
- Experience in supply chain ideally within import and export.
- Customer service experience.
- Education ideally up to degree level. Minimum requirements, education to GCSE level, with high grades in Maths and English..
- Problem solving and good organisational skills.
- Being able to work on their own initiative.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to be flexible and take out of hours calls when problems and issues occur.
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.