Customer Business Manager - Wickes
- Post Date:11th June 2021
- Views 358
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
The Customer Business Manager (CBM) for Wickes, reports into the Wickes Senior Customer Business Manager (SCBM). The role is diverse & pivotal in supporting delivery of profitable, sustainable growth for one of our strategic Retail customers. The role has c£15m GIV (2021 latest plan) P&L responsibility for Specialist brands and Mixing within the Wickes account, specifically on Cuprinol, Polycell, Hammerite and has significant potential for 2022. This is in addition to supporting delivery of the overall business with Wickes, to deliver the overall Budgeted P&L. Delivery of the continued new format stores that include mixing project is vital to the success of this role, the job holder will need to work closely with key contacts cross-functionally within AkzoNobel as well as externally within the customer businesses.
- Direct responsibility for Wickes Specialist Brand Portfolio specifically Cuprinol, Hammerite, Polycell & Mixing with budgeted P&L of £9.3m GIV for 2021.
- Lead and take ownership for the rollout of mixing in new format stores, managing process with internal and external stakeholders managing c£0.5m Capex investment.
- Excellent Execution – Ownership of instore execution for the Exterior season & communication with the field sales team.
The role has specific £9.3m GIV P&L responsibility for Specialist brands and Mixing within the Wickes account, specifically on Cuprinol, Polycell and Hammerite. Delivery of new format store mixing project is vital to the success of this role, the job holder will need to work closely with key contacts cross-functionally within AkzoNobel as well as externally within the customer businesses. As such, excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are essential to succeed in this role.
Examples of specific tasks:
- Deliver both £9.3m GIV Budget for Cuprinol, Hammerite, Polycell & Mixing
- Develop and implement Wickes account plan for Specialist brands including promotional activity, off shelf feature and ranging.
- Ownership of planning and forecasting for Spec Brands and Mixing, with adherence to the forecasting leadtimes.
- Build long term collaborative relationships with Wickes category managers and operating with reliability, simplicity and agility at all times.
- Project manage new format store and mixing implementation across +40 stores, to ensure timings are achieved delivering excellent execution instore and to work closely with cross functional teams both internally and externally for example Wickes New Format Team, Store Managers, Refit Project Managers, DTS, Agencies & Territory Managers.
- Develop and implement a bespoke campaign to aggressively drive paint mixing in Wickes, working cross functionally with Territory Managers, Shopper Marketing, Wickes commercial team and Store Staff. To include engagement, training, performance reporting, instore execution, incentives & promotions.
- Manage communication with AkzoNobel field sales teams, briefing of specific campaigns and raising challenges with Wickes commercial team
- Work cross functionally with AkzoNobel Shopper Marketing team, to brief Wickes bespoke instore point of sale for example: Colour Cards, Gondola End POS, Colour Chips, Peak activity Swingbars, Banners etc…ensuring alignment with Wickes and achieving key deadlines.
- Support Customer Business Lead with specific projects and day to day running of the Wickes account to ensure business priorities are delivered.
- Educated to Degree preferable but not essential
- Sales experience required, Category experience desirable
- Experience of Microsoft Office based applications necessary
- Understanding of the Trade & Retail DIY market & be results driven and looking for a fresh challenge
- Strong self-awareness with ability to flex style
- Enjoys building effective cross functional working relationships
- Able to work accurately under pressure to tight deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 11338