Credit Controller - Birstall
- Post Date:29th April 2021 13735
- Views 44
As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for a ledger of customers deemed high priority and strategic in nature; along with more complex and key account customers across all business units.
- Handle customer accounts, ensuring regular interaction with customers and Commercial managers.
- Regularly contact customers – including proactive chasing of debt to highlight any potential issues which may lead to non-payment via email, phone.
- Identify any process (customer or PPG) which could be contributing to a bad debt position.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer details and account records.
- Provide passwords in relation to own credit accounts where required and agreed within financial approval limits.
- Review aged items and propose bad debt write offs as required.
- Participate in regular ledger reviews with Credit Management Team.
- Deliver a consistent and professional level of service at all times.
- Attend customer and zone/commercial meetings off site as required, ensuring ability to present and participate.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as requested by line manager to support the Credit Department.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook skills crucial!
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Organised, analytical and able to work in results-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Professional approach to customer service/collections.
- Proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.