Country Business Manager Professional & Specialty Solutions, Agricultural Solutions
- Post Date:8th July 2022
- Views 158
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
The primary objective of the role is to deliver net sales and profit targets for the assigned countries as Sales and Business Development Manager, as well as to create demand for BASF PSS products by influencing customers and the wider market players. Over and above this, you will implement, down to country level, the local portfolio roadmap, launching new products and supporting current products. You will act within the assigned territory as the primary contact for the local AP organization with respect to the PSS product portfolio. This includes-
- Business Development by evaluating and accessing new segments or countries.
- Appointing / proposing new customers as per GTM or PLE plans.
- Providing information for business cases and new ideas.
- Generating demand with end users and distributors, including providing training.
- Supporting the Key Account Management process by managing the distributor network and relationships in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Maintaining awareness and contributing to country industry associations and other influencers.
- Organising events and exhibitions to promote PSS business aims.
- Fostering support from the crop organization by utilizing / working in collaboration with internal functions to maximize PSS sales- eg. coordinate regulatory / supply chain support local; lead the definition and implementation of local PR strategies.
- Developing and growing the PSS Business in the assigned territory by acting as product manager in the assigned countries in coordination with the crop team, PSS management and local AP organizations.
- Directing sales responsibility for assigned countries by planning, budgeting, forecasting PSS products in all countries of the territory.
- Attending, if required, local S&OP meetings and managing and tracking product net and sales pricing and targeted increases.
- Reporting qualitative commentary about development, key issues or topics.
- Educated to graduate level ideally in an agricultural related degree.
- At least 5 years of commercial and/or technical experience within relevant markets.
- Experience in Product Management.
- Profound knowledge of local market conditions and drivers.
- Proactive approach to key account management and customer relationship management processes.
- High level of tactical and operational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding how to influence and create demand for products.
- Ability to practically deliver accurate and on time business information as requested.
- Willingness to travel frequently within the assigned territory.
- The role will be homebased (North West) ().
- Fluent in English.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme; a share scheme; private healthcare, life insurance and a company car to name a few.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics. We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
Closing Date- 31 July 2022
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.