Corrugated Test Engineer
- Post Date:31st August 2023
- Views 50
About the job
This role is office based 5 days a week at our head office in Bar Hill, Cambridge
About the role
Domino is investing significant funds in continuing to develop the X630i for digital corrugated printing. Continuing to establish Domino in the digital corrugated printing arena is a key outcome of our strategy to deploy our Digital Printing expertise and technology into growth applications across all of our sectors.
This role is to work with the Corrugated Technical Manager, the ink development team in Brother and the print quality and software teams in the DP Applications team within R&D to further enhance the print quality achieved when printing onto a range of corrugated boards.
A key function of this role is also to share knowledge and learnings with the demo and samples team in Baltimore and Europe to achieve the optimum print quality.
- Key deliverables will be:Develop in depth knowledge of how inks interact with various board surfaces and how different screen sets can be used to modify the print quality.
- Work closely with the Brother Ink Development team, the Print Quality team and Software teams in the DP Applications groups to discuss requirements for ink development and use agreed test methods and processes to evaluate new inks.
- Work closely with the Corrugated Technical Manager and Print Quality team to further enhance print reliability.
- Support the X630i installations in Europe.
- Key experience required to be successful in the role:General Print/Pre-Press knowledge – Compulsory
- General Colour Management/Workflow experience – Compulsory
- Esko workflow experienced or equivalent DFE knowledge – Preferred.
- Colour Theory knowledge – Preferred.
- X-rite colour management trained with experienced of using measurement tools spectrophotometers/densitometers – Preferred.
- Direct digital printing experience – Preferred
- Digital press development or support experience – Preferred
- Industrial inkjet knowledge – Preferred
- Aqueous Ink/Printhead/substrate optimisation – Preferred.
- Capable of profiling medias to meet international colour standards – Preferred.
- Print Industry application knowledge Adobe Acrobat, Pitstop, Adobe illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop – Preferred
- Competencies that we will be looking for:Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Structured and organised approach in identifying problems through to solution
- Eye for detail
- Interested in understanding how things work, in order that they work correctly.
- General Troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft excel and word literate.
- Understanding of the impacts of media, aqueous and other printing variables in the printing process
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers. We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.