- Post Date:10th June 2022 14450
- Views 130
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. We believe in the power of ideas. This motivates us – inspires us – to do what we do. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze. To set the standards as a socially and environmentally responsible company. While HP’s roots started in Silicon Valley, today we have a broad reach that spans around the globe. If you have a passion for customers, a desire to win and innovation in your DNA, you may be a great fit for our team. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
About Global Legal Affairs At HP
The Global Legal Affairs team is responsible for all of HP’s legal matters, including government relations, brand security, intellectual property, ethics and compliance and legal counsel representation in every market. We are a mix of attorneys and non-attorneys. We value teamwork, engagement, honesty, forward thinking and open communication. We are proud of the culture we have created. By bringing together varied perspectives, we challenge each other and develop new and creative solutions. We want to find, grow and keep the very best employees in industry by valuing differences, offering amazing careers and having fun.
- A member of the Global Legal Affairs (GLA) team, ideal candidate will provide legal and strategic counsel to assist with the advancement of the Print business unit’s commercial operations and processes in accordance with legal and compliance requirements. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues related to HP’s digital services and solutions and also help support problem-solving for specific subcategories within the Print business, including the print supplies business.
- Responsibilities include:
- Acting as key advisor to business owners and senior business leaders with regard to various legal issues, including risk mitigation
- Providing negotiation and drafting support on key commercial transactions
- Managing legal solutions for internal business clients/partners
- Drafting templates and defining processes for their use, including the creation of self-service tools
- Advising, drafting and negotiating terms of engagements with third parties (customers, partners, suppliers) including sale, service and support agreements, partnerships and cooperation, development, professional services, supply, purchase and manufacturing agreements, confidentiality, OEM, software licensing, SaaS, etc.
- Collaborating with other GLA members to provide support in IP, Privacy, Antitrust, and other legal expertise matters and local implementation of worldwide initiatives
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements and company policy
- Identify and assess legal and business risks of current commercial operations and processes
- Collaborate with various business owners and legal colleagues to develop process improvements and operational policies
- Provide legal support for various go to market initiatives within the business unit, including reviewing and advising on marketing materials, vendor relationships and industry communications
- Provide training to HP employees on key legal and ethical issues
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g., J.D. or LLB) and bar admission, as necessary
- At least 6-10 years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house (preference for those with in-house experience)
- Extensive experience with subscription offering models, and crafting terms of service for digital services and solutions (preferably within a company with these offerings)
- Familiarity with legal aspects of e-commerce, including payment processes related to cloud-based offerings (e.g., in-app payments)
- Established expertise in advising companies on the legal implications of establishing digital ecosystems, including independent and sometime interdependent solutions within such ecosystems
- General breadth of practical legal and business knowledge to support one or more practice areas
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to quickly identify legal risks and challenges faced by the business, propose solutions and/or advise on legal implications thereof
- Ability to influence different functions and geographies and to build consensus where lines of authority may not be directed
- Capable of escalating issues effectively to senior business and legal management
- Strong client counseling skills on legal and business issues with the capacity to propose legal and ethical solutions to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of laws and regulations to actual client matters
- Advanced knowledge of key business and contractual risks and ability to articulate same and implement mitigation strategies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written, verbal, active listening)
- End-to-End accountability
- Matrix management capabilities across functions and geographies
- Flexibility – applies a creative approach to addressing challenges, flexible work hours, ability to rapidly adjust to change
- Proactive, persistent and assertive
- Strong ability to develop methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
- Ability to manage complex engagements with third parties, coordinating collaboration between cross-organizational functions within the business and engaging subject matter experts or outside counsel as necessary.
- Fast learner, ability to function within multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical environment with awareness of the international legal environment, demonstrated growth mindset
- Acts with highest levels of integrity and transparency
- A good sense of humor and humility
- Fluency in oral and written English; fluency in a second language is desirable but not essential
Where legally permitted, an offer of employment is conditional upon you providing proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) as of your first day of employment.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!