Contractor/Specification Sales Manager
- Post Date:28th April 2023
- Views 98
About the job
Join a fast paced and exciting sales force
Be part of our fast paced, ambitious sales team and help to shape the future success of the Crown Paints brands.
We’re looking for a Contractor/Specification Sales Manager to join our Contractor Team. Covering Bristol, Bath, Somerset, Taunton, Dorchester and surrounding areas, you will promote and sell Crown trade brands, Sandtex Trade, and Sadolin Trade brands via sales and specification assigned to a specific geographic area and customer group.
Location and areas covered in this role; Bristol, Bath & Somerset – BS, BA, TA, DT (Ideally you will be based in Bristol or nearby)
What will I be doing?
Our ideal candidate will have a high level of selling, negotiating, communication and presentation skills, and will
This is your opportunity to sell and promote products and services to a ledger of contractor customers and end clients.
- Contribute to and implement National promotional strategy and measure own performance/effectiveness.
- Drive regional promotions to give the territory a competitive advantage.
- Strategically develop nominated accounts to increase sustainable profitable sales growth.
- Manage nominated accounts and clients.
- Identify, develop and manage new opportunities.
- Identification of key strategic clients for development.
- Management of secured business and implementation of tailored specification support packages to include detailed site condition surveys.
- Produce highly detailed technical specifications.
Sounds interesting, what skills and experience will I need?
You’ll have previous B2B sales experience within a field based sales role preferably within the construction/trades industry. We are looking for someone who possesses sufficient specification and technical proficiency and who is able to understand and communicate product and technical information.
Influencing and negotiation skills are a must, as well as being commercially aware. If you’ve come from a product focussed background and understand margin improvement it would be advantageous for this role.
Being able to work on your own initiative and being self-motivation, is key to this role.
You’ll be provided with a company car to carry out your role so you must hold a current valid driving licence.
With great work comes great reward
Crown Paints takes pride in their excellent working conditions and in addition, offer an attractive reward package that includes:
- Competitive salary, company car, phone and laptop
- 28 days basic annual leave each year (plus 8 bank holidays)
- A variety of discounts / vouchers on products that Crown supply
- A generous pension plan where the Company will match, and even double your contribution
- Multiple other benefits relating to your health and wellbeing
A Little More About Us
Crown Paints have been manufacturing paint for longer than most, over 200 years in fact, with over 60 years proudly holding the Royal Warrant. It’s fair to say that we know our craft; however, what really sets Crown apart is the support we provide for cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world.
Alongside our owners, The Hempel Foundation, we place a special focus on education for children in need, and are proud to support the education of over 55,000 children across 22 projects worldwide. You can therefore guarantee here at Crown – It’s not just paint. It’s personal!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
ease contact us to request accommodation.
Business Development, Sales
Crown Paints is one of UK’s most renown paint manufacturers and we have been manufacturing for over 200 years, with over 60 years proudly holding the Royal Warrant. However, what really sets Crown apart is the support we provide for cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world through our ownership structure. Crown Paints is part of the Hempel Group, which gives our company stability and our employees extended, global career possibilities.