Continuous Improvement Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) - Shildon
- Post Date:18th December 2023
- Views 66
About the job
Continuous Improvement Technician
(Undergraduate Placement Student)
As a Continuous Improvement Technician you will lead or support (project dependent) the Shildon business improvement projects identified as critical to meet the EMEA business objectives. Bring a data driven, fact-based approach to enable smart decision making.
An opportunity has arisen for a placement student to take on an incredibly exciting role working with our UK manufacturing Team based at the Shildon manufacturing site.
- Support the active site improvement charters specifically those for Sealants & Coatings and the ASC. Note that benefits should be tracked by the charter owners and/or the functional heads.
- Work with the Site Manager and Functional Heads to identify further process and procedural improvement opportunities across the site
- Implement, embed, and further develop the AeroLean Production System standards with specific focus on 5S, Leader and Operator Standard Work, OEE improvement, Problem Solving, VSMs, Poka-Yoke, Kanban, pull systems, etc.
- Train and coach Shildon management, first line leaders and operational staff to apply Kaizen improvement techniques within their day-to-day activities. Organize with them regular Kaizen events.
- Assist the development of staff at all levels within the Shildon organization (also outside operations) in the lean sigma tools and methods, from White Belt through to Black Belt levels.
- Scientific, Mathematical or Engineering background either through work experience or education (crucial)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to details
- Strong Excel skills
- Able to work to strict deadlines even when under pressure.
- Strong team player, work effectively within a team environment and autonomously.
- Strong communicator both written and verbally
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Apply at [link] or Share [link] (used only for external job boards)
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3783593305
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024