- Post Date:8th April 2022
- Views 142
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water-based polymers with leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, paper and nitrile medical gloves. The acquisition of the highly complementary OMNOVA Solutions Inc in April 2020 has extended the group’s geographic reach, expanded the global platform and will accelerate the further differentiation of the business.
We have operational headquarters in London, UK, and provide customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Beachwood, Ohio, USA.
Purpose Of The Job
This role is responsible for supporting regional salary planning and administration; job evaluations; variable compensation and awards programs; participation in salary and market surveys and analysis of the resulting data; pay equity analysis; and preparing market and trend reporting for senior management and other audiences.
- Works closely with Human Resources Business Partners and internal consultants regarding ongoing compensation management, job evaluation, program/plan design, and other compensation-related topics to produce accurate and insightful reports, analyses, and presentations
- Ensures the effectiveness of compensation policies, procedures, and controls identifying risks, and escalating issues as appropriate
- Manage relationships with surveys vendors to meet survey submission timelines
- Leverages a process improvement mindset to recommend efficient and effective ways to carry out core responsibilities; adept at working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment, but also able to function effectively working independently and to balance multiple priorities
- Designs, delivers, communicates, monitors, and/or administers compensation programs and practices, including job attributes, pay structure, incentive plans, annual rewards, and other compensation-related programs
- Develops and implements strategies for delivery of compensation to ensure competitiveness; appropriate linkages between pay and performance, and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- An experienced professional contributor that applies a solid understanding of concepts within own professional discipline. (demonstrate the application of business and industry knowledge, understanding of key processes and practical experience, when creating work products)
- Support audits and general quality assurance processes
- Provide support for Global Mobility for expatriate assignment
- Contribute to the development and communication of compensation programs and guidelines
Essential Job Requirements
- 5+ years Compensation experience
- In-depth knowledge of compensation terminology, job evaluation, incentive compensation design and reporting analysis
- Experience in various HRIS systems required with a strong preference, including Workday and Success Factors
- Strong analytical skills as you will be required to understand and effectively use data and metrics to dictate processes/workflows
- Proficiency in Excel and other data tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence and outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work cross functionally with different areas of an organisation
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (2)
Business Development Manager – Marine on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Process Improvement Technician on 11th May 2023 Full Time