Commercial Director - Batteries
- Post Date:4th January 2024
- Views 65
About the job
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The Commercial Director (Batteries) is the strategic and tactical leader responsible for global specialty growth in this segment. This role will drive aggressive growth of existing battery binder latex sales globally, while establishing a strong sustainable foundation/team that will feed the development of innovative and differentiated market solutions in this rapidly evolving space.
This is a global role that requires technical expertise, intimate knowledge of energy trends and market dynamics, with experience initiating and executing on profitable commercial agreements. The right candidate will have EV and/or Energy Storage market experience dealing with the major battery manufacturers in China, with exposure to the development of European markets.
- Key responsibilities:
- Strategy development and execution – refines and delivers on long term global growth strategy for the business
- Able to develop and secure the necessary resources (CAPEX, talent, production, marketing resources, etc.) required to deliver approved strategy
- Action oriented to address tactical day-to-day challenges
- Proven ability to attract and develop talent to build a sustainable high-performing global business
- Master of value proposition selling and disciplined innovation to maximize return from existing business and lead the development of new profitable growth across key accounts; accountability for volume, price negotiation, share growth, and margin management
- Supports existing business, and leads the development of new profitable growth opportunities across accounts
- Aligns overall account strategy and Annual Operating Plan objectives to overall strategic plan for the business; effectively executes growth and margin management strategies
- Leads the development of customer relationship at all levels of the organization; to include leveraging Innovation, Marketing, and Senior Leadership team members as appropriate to strengthen customer relationship
- Collaborates and communicates across functions and levels of the Synthomer organization to address account needs and generate support and direction for growth within key account
- Supports Sales Forecasting and ensures data accuracy to help drive effective organizational focus
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Business or Technical degree (MBA preferred)
- Strong track record as a leader within Energy industry, preferably within the Electric Vehicle, Energy Storage space; minimum 10 years’ experience
- Experience, beyond working knowledge, in battery technology – preferably in the manufacturing of Lithium anode/cathode technology
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Global leadership experience essential
- Professional gravitas, assertive and confident with a high level of personal and professional credibility, presenting to senior stakeholders, including executive leadership team
- Strong cultural awareness, adaptability and confidence to operate across geographic regions
- Ability to travel internationally
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3782099354
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024