Colour Laboratory Technician
- Post Date:25th March 2022
- Views 169
- Career Level Entry
About us: Established in 1930 HMG has grown to become the UK’s Largest Independent Paint Manufacturer. At HMG paints we have strong family values and believe that the development of our staff goes hand in hand with the development and growth of the company.
HMG believe that “one paint” does not fit all and work with individual customers and partners to design a range of materials to best fit their process and needs. We see our staff the same and each member of staff has a unique career development path. From making the paint to getting it to its destination there are an array of different positions at Riverside Works. We believe HMG is the best place to work and develop your career.
About the Role:An opportunity has arisen for a Colour Laboratory Technician. The successful candidate will work as part of a close-knit team and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and proactive in terms of taking the initiative to perform tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of the Colour Lab by providing services to both our internal and external customers.
Working Hours: 39 per week (7.15am to 4.00pm Monday to Thursday & 7.15am to 1.00pm Friday)
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Full Training Will Be Provided)
- To make best use of the Colour Computer and Spectrophotometer whilst formulating colours.
- To deal with customer (internal and external) requirements for formulations, panels and general help with colour queries. To deal with tints brought in for testing, with promptness and professionalism.
- To help out in other departments when required.
- To produce materials in accordance with the formulation.
- To carry out adjustments to batches in accordance with the product specification, either as a result of your own assessment (visual or otherwise), of the colour of the product or as a result of Quality Control Testing of other parameters.
- To retain information of all colours produced (batch card / wet sample/ documented)
- To produce product in sufficient time to meet customers’ requirements.
- To be aware of and follow the appropriate operating procedures for the activities in which you are engaged.
- To ensure that all quality, safety, and environmental rules are obeyed.
- To make your supervisor aware of any difficulties in equipment or facilities.
- To undergo whatever training is deemed necessary in order to develop and improve your contribution to the operation of your department.
- To ensure that your area of operation is kept clean, tidy and safe (Follow the 5s Rules).
- To continuously strive for improving standards of performance in all aspects of your work.
Skills And Experience
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- I.T. skills, Microsoft word, excel
- Ability to use spectrophotometer, create colour databases and formulate new colours
- Ability to match coloured products against a standard, either by eye or using computerised techniques
- Knowledge of the paint manufacturing process
- Have a good telephone manner and good interpersonal skills
- Good attendance and punctuality record
- Be able to follow Health & Safety Regulations
- Ability to carry out the manual and technological aspects of their day-to-day tasks
22 days’ holiday plus service days
8 paid bank holidays
Holiday on your Birthday plus double pay
Profit related bonus
Future promotional prospects
Death in service
Related Jobs (4)
Logistics Manager on 19th May 2023 Full Time
Operations Supervisor on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Material Handling Operator on 12th May 2023 Full Time
FLT Operator on 21st April 2023 Full Time