- Post Date:2nd June 2023
- Views 55
About the job
Join us and help us to develop our coatings business further
This is your opportunity to join a global company and help us to support and advise our customers and contractors in the proper use and application of our technologies and coating systems.
Become the voice of our customers within the business
As part of this role, you’ll be on the ground advising customers (applications and end-users) on proper use and application of our technologies and coating systems following current regulations. You’ll also be actively involved in looking after, supporting and developing client relationships. At the same time, you’ll provide technical field support to customers and our sales organisation, identify customers’ challenges with coating processes and seek opportunities to promote and sell our technical services.
We are looking for a strong and approachable technical expert for delivering an excellent customer experience! Join our Hempel Family.
An Approachable Technical Expert For An Excellent Customer Experience
You will be an ambassador for the brand and product lines by effectively communicating the features and benefits of all our products and solutions. You’ll be based in the Midlands, UK and be comfortable with travelling 70% of the time including occasional trips abroad.
- Work to ensure that all applications are following our Product Data Sheets, working specifications, relevant technical and industrial standards, working procedures, and best painting/application practices
- Manage complex and bigger projects
- You record data based on the daily activity of your project in your daily progress reports followed by submission of the Final Reports to the relevant stakeholders.
- Promote our Coating Solutions with the benefits of Hempel Services and deliver value to our customers.
- Actively support internal and external Services strategy activities.
- Assist in providing sustainable solutions internally and externally
- Activities include trainings, condition surveys, Line inspection Surveys as well as troubleshooting issues and finding resolutions.
Here’s What We Are Looking For
- FROSIO II or NACE CIP 2 minimum certification is preferred
- Good negotiation skills & communication skills in English (including job related technical terms)
- Good Computer Skills required (MS Programs, CRM)
- Previous experience as technical service representative would be valuable, as would knowledge of the coating industry
- Proficient in English and adequate computer skills (MS programs)
- Experience working with SOPs, product cards
- Willingness to travel regionally (up to 70% of the time) and abroad frequently, full UK driving license essential
- Customer focused, able to work remotely in the field with multi-functional team set-up
What We Offer
- You will join a global successful company with ambitious growth plans
- Intensive internal Training
- Travelling for projects will expose you to different places and working cultures
- Attractive employee benefits
Be part of a trusted team
One of the joys of joining our Technical Services team in the UK is the chance to earn the trust of our customers and colleagues. You’ll play a central role in creating an open, collaborative, honest and trusting environment, where you’ll work together to deliver the best services quality to our customers.
Application and further information
For further information on Hempel, please visit hempel.com. To apply for this position, please submit your application letter with a CV in English via the link
Engineering, Other, Quality Assurance
Across the globe, Hempel’s coatings solutions protect surfaces, structures and equipment. They extend asset lifetimes, reduce maintenance costs and make homes and workplaces safer and more colourful. Hempel was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1915 by J.C. Hempel, and is solely owned by the Hempel Foundation, which not only ensures a solid economic base for the company, but is dedicated to making a difference in the world by empowering children to learn, supporting coatings science and sustaining biodiversity.
Related Jobs (1)
Technical Services Representative – Packaging Coatings on 31st August 2023 Full Time