- Post Date:1st April 2022 14325
- Views 123
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Chemist to join a very forward thinking Domino’s ink formulators team. If you possess a degree level qualification in Chemistry, Physics or Chemical Engineering (or related subject), and a strong interest / experience in formulation chemistry this is an excellent opportunity to join a leading R&D department and play a key role in future product development.
The appointee will be part of a highly skilled team geared towards delivering successful products to the printing market. They will possess the ability to think creatively and optimise solutions to complex problems in a regulated environment. The incumbent will be expected to work with colleagues in technical, operational and commercial functions to develop formulation specifications and product designs that meet customer and business needs.
- Plan and carry out formulation, testing and other experimental work to high scientific standards
- Ensure a high level of scientific rigor is used in the analysis of data including peer review where appropriate.
- Contribute to the group technical knowledge base for inks and materials and develop areas of personal expertise.
- of larger projects and manage smaller ink development projects
- Work with colleagues to deliver project plans to agreed specifications.
- Contribute to the Marking Materials quality and process improvement plan.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with Group health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Concern for standards
- Results orientation
Education & Training
- Good quality degree or higher qualification in Chemistry or a related Science
- Good level of written and oral English
- Formulation chemistry
- Polymer chemistry
- Colour chemistry
- Formulation for inkjet, digital or non-impact printing
- Use of experimental design methods
- Good problem solving skills
- A pragmatic approach coupled with evidence of good experimental work
- Thorough approach to the design of experiments
- Reasonable theoretical understanding of chemistry
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
This role is suitable for the graduates wishing to develop their technical expertise and work as part of a wider team.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers. We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.