About the job
About The Role
This is a laboratory-based role at our head office in Bar Hill, Cambridge , where you will formulate fluid products in the laboratory. You will test them in our printers and take them all the way to manufacturing. You will work within a team in an innovative and dynamic environment with cutting-edge analytical and printing equipment. You will be developing reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste while attracting, informing and protecting consumers.
As part of your role, you will perform key tasks:
- Design, plan and create formulations against a set of established test methods derived from customer needs.
- Work in the laboratory to generate robust data demonstrating the appropriate level of scientific rigor including peer review where appropriate.
- Undertake analytical work to understand interaction of ingredients with printers in collaboration with our analytical experts.
- Write reports and communicate your findings at group meetings .
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with Group health & safety, and environmental policies.
- Contribute to the Consumables quality and process improvement plan
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated with a positive and proactive approach to work, and has an enthusiasm for hands-on lab work, you will have good organisational and problem solving skills. Our ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker with an inquisitive mind, who pays attention to the details, is results driven and has good scientific writing skills.
- A degree or higher qualification in Chemistry or a related Science
- A good level of written and oral English
- Previous inkjet or formulation experience is an advantage, although not essential
You will have experience of:
- Formulation chemistry
- Polymer chemistry
- Colour chemistry
- Formulation for inkjet, digital or non-impact printing
- Use of experimental design methods
What You Can Expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
To apply please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3774684479