- Post Date:12th August 2020
- Views 150
- Salary Competitive Plus Benefits
Farrow & Ball – Chemist, Wimborne
Farrow & Ball are a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper using only the finest quality ingredients and an eco-friendly water base.
Today the unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out, around the world. With more than 60 showrooms worldwide and a global network of stockists, we’ve never forgotten our local Dorset roots.
The key to our success is our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have an excellent experience at each stage of their journey with us.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Research and Technical Development team as a Chemist.
As a Chemist you will be integral to the process of producing unrivalled paints and colours, using only the finest ingredients as Farrow & Ball still makes paint and wallpaper using traditional methods and to original formulations.
What we expect from you
- Develop a global view of technologies and support product development & innovation strategy through evaluation & application of innovative raw materials.
- Understand customer needs and impact on technical specifications and develop technology to meet/exceed their expectations.
- Ensure products developed are compliant with global regulations.
- Support global colour management and formulation optimisation.
- Support global product benchmarking testing and data analysis to identify quality improvement opportunities.
- Support alternative raw materials evaluation projects and ensure supply risk is managed at a minimum level.
- Follow day-to-day based raw materials administration, COSHH/legislation assessment, technical evaluation, data and communication processes.
- Support new raw materials and products implementation through pilot and full-scale trials. In addition, ensure the product is manufactured at the best possible efficiency.
- Interact effectively with internal stakeholders and external suppliers and manage their expectations.
- Work effectively in lab as an individual contributor with opportunity to take lead on tasks when required.
- Ensure technical works are completed following best practices and to the highest possible quality
- Act as champion and assist lab managers to ensure lab is operated at the highest level of HSE standards
- Have an understanding of the paint manufacturing process is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience in a detailed and quality focused job role an advantage.
- Degree in Science (Chemistry or Physics) is highly desirable but not essential, consideration will be given to industrial experience.
The job holder will be expected to spend a large proportion of time (~80%) in lab with opportunity to work across all functions within the research and technical development team.
What you can expect from us
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually based on individual performance
- 24 days’ annual leave which increases with length of service (plus bank holidays)
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Employee Share Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
- Free tea and coffee
- Free onsite parking at our head office
We are an equal opportunities employer