- Post Date:22nd July 2022
- Views 140
As a Chemist, you will contribute to the global development of coatings and sealants and technically support production and customers based at our Aerospace site in Shildon.
Key Responsibilities, you will:-
- Carry out laboratory work related to Task Requests and Projects.
- Develop new products to meet customer requirements, current and future environmental legislation in order to maintain current market share and acquire new business.
- Engineer and modify existing products
- Provide advice and recommendations to other departments and customers to assist in solving potential problems and queries.
- Input formulations into site MRP system.
- Make decisions regarding adjustment and release of production batches, raw material selection and substitution and modification of internal product specifications.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss new materials or problems with existing materials.
- Support the quality department in resolution of customer complaints.
- Carry out daily responsibilities relating to EHS, 5S and any other company initiatives.
- A chemistry degree or equivalent would be preferred with experience in a similar environment.
- IT literacy with experience of Microsoft packages, particularly Word and Excel.
- A great teammate, with the ability to get results by working with others.
- Ability to prioritise, coordinate and able work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to formulate coatings, training will be provided!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.