Chemical Process Operator
- Post Date:17th March 2023
- Views 77
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose Of Job
To have the the competence to perform chemical and manufacturing operations in a safe and effective manner. Monitoring and controlling product performance and quality as part of a highly trained shift team. Capturing process opportunities by improving the integrity and reliability of the site assets through effective use of Manufacturing Excellence tools. Supportive in developing a career in an inclusive workforce where everyone’s ideas are acknowledged and considered. Working within the Operations team to deliver a diverse range of customer requirements alongside world class levels of SHE performance.
- To observe Company safety and environmental procedures.
- Make plant and equipment ready for the introduction of process materials and achieve process specification by starting up plant and adjusting process conditions.
- Maintain the required process conditions / product quality by monitoring, adjusting, sampling and testing and restore the required process conditions in the event of significant problems.
- Shut down plant and equipment ensuring that both are safe in the event of process stoppages.
- Clear and clean plant equipment and work areas of process materials / wastes and confirm their status for the purpose of maintenance or cleaning activities.
- Complete the necessary documentation for handover of responsibility to an incoming operator.
- Accept and confirm responsibility for handover.
- Control the receipt, packaging, labelling, storage and handling of all materials and finished product.
- Complete documentation as required by the site’s SHE, Quality and Materials management systems.
- Be prepared to participate in training programmes and to train other team members to a specified level of expertise.
Experience: Must be over 21 and have a minimum of two years’ experience of working in an industrial or process manufacturing environment.
Education: Must be educated to a good basic standard ( preferably a minimum of 5 GCSE passes or equivalent) and have attained the minimum of an acceptable score in the company aptitude tests.
Role located in Accrington, UK.
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (1)
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician on 31st August 2023