- Post Date:9th June 2023
- Views 72
About the job
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Category Manager
Competitive salary plus market leading benefits package
Category Development Manager – Introduction
If you have customer marketing or commercial experience in a high performing, matrix organisation with multiple categories and/or brands, this is an incredible opportunity to develop your career in our employee-centric business.
All around the planet we’re using the power of colour and technology to make the places in which we live, work, learn and play more fun, uplifting, sustainable and beautiful. We operate in over 150 countries and are world leaders in colour expertise, and product innovation with a portfolio of market leading global brands in the DIY sector. Dulux is our flagship brand – one of the UK’s most loved and trusted (so you’ll get to make friends with our lovable Dulux Dog!). We have been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe for the 11th year running. We are now recruiting a Category Development Manager to oversee the activation of our category strategies within priority customers. Join us on our mission to inspire and enable everyone to create their own beautiful living space and help us add colour to the hearts, minds and walls of our consumers!
Category Development Manager – The Role
- Development of customer specific strategies and initiatives, aligned to our category vision and to your retailer partner’s strategy.
- Defining and driving category initiatives to tangible outcomes that deliver mutual growth for AkzoNobel and our customers.
- Build leading category relationships with our customers.
- Monitor category & customer performance and revise plans as required.
- Define optimum range, space, layout & navigation solutions by customer.
Category Development Manager – About You
- Customer marketing or commercial experience in high performing matrix organization with multiple categories and/or brands.
- Excellent communication, influencing & interpersonal skills.
- Able to build sustainable relationships with your customer.
- Good analytical ability & critical thinking to manage large and complex topics and data sets.
- Able to create retailer specific inspiring stories to engage customers in our vision & plans,
- Strong questioning and listening skills to truly understand the customer needs.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
Category Development Manager – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Category Development Manager – How To Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.