- Post Date:4th August 2021
- Views 304
Purpose of Function
To assist with the Company’s Supply Operations & Planning process coupled with all aspects of Procurement, Production Planning, Scheduling and Packaging Introductions and to develop Supply Chain Management both within and outside the organisation, from Suppliers through to Customers. The aim is to use these techniques to ensure excellent customer service at minimum supply chain cost.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain the Buyer is responsible for the procurement & management of raw materials, packaging and 3rd party supplies by ensuring minimum inventory whilst ensuring there are no instances of line stoppages or service level failure due to missing parts. The role is also responsible for measuring and driving supplier OTIF performance to a minimum of 98%.
The role holder must ensure that the data in the ERP system is accurate to a minimum value of 98%. Other tasks include managing non-routine aspects of packaging and raw materials control, such as new product introductions, reduction of obsolete stock, transfers, discontinuations, and supply issues. Development of collaborative links with suppliers using process improvement groups and utilisation of supplier scheduling and VMI.
Accountabilities (Including financial dimensions)
• Ensure the procurement of raw materials and packaging in accordance with the needs of production plans whilst maintaining economic stock levels in line with predetermined inventory targets. A key factor is the need to manage within the storage space restrictions on site
• Adhere to the company Purchasing Policy.
• Ensure supply chain master data is accurate.
• Police perpetual stock checks / cycle counts to measure the accuracy of physical inventory on site. The target is to attain a minimum value of 98%. Identify failing areas and lead process improvement groups to identify the root cause. Inventory accuracy KPI to be reported monthly.
• Organise and control any externally audited stocktakes.
• Contribute to the administration of the department in accordance with company policy ensuring the various functions within the department operate as a cohesive unit.
• Manage and control the introduction of new raw materials and packaging with special importance attached to re-liveries, i.e., the runouts of old packaging and phasing in of new. This will include ensuring that supply chain master data is updated in a timely manner.
• Ensure that any discontinued or sub-standard raw material and packaging are either worked into production, disposed of, sold off or returned to the supplier. This will involve obtaining the necessary authority for disposal or write off and making the appropriate arrangements. This will also require supply chain master updating.
• Provide support to the supply chain team as the procurement expert when there are packaging problems or projects.
• Responsible for ensuring that procurement KPIs are adhered to. Carry out investigation and lead process improvement groups for failing suppliers.
• Develop Collaborative Planning, Forecasting & Replenishment with suppliers to reduce supply chain cost and lead times.
• Management of print stock at suppliers in terms of obsolete stock, new introductions, min/max levels and slow-moving items.
• Ensure price files are maintained and trackers in place for monitoring changes.
• Ensure no line stoppage because of missed delivery of a raw material or pack item.
• Master data accuracy measured monthly and target minimum 98% accurate.
• Administer efficiently audited stock checks.
• Ensure regular cycle counts are executed.
• Ensure that any new raw materials or pack items are introduced effectively and within the expected requirements.
• Minimise the value of obsolete packaging and raw materials in line with budget expectations of re-livery or formulation changes.
• Monitor and actively reduce levels of obsolete packaging and raw materials. Report on status at the monthly supply review.
• Measure supplier performance and target minimum 98% OTIF.
• Monitor levels of print stock at suppliers and report on potential obsolete and liabilities.
Skills and Experience
• Financially intelligent and highly numerate.
• Experienced in a manufacturing supply chain or procurement environment.
• Customer focused and aware of customer needs.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills.
• Communication and presentation skills,
• Negotiation and influencing skills.
• Dynamic and a lateral thinker
• Excellent Information Technology skills, particularly MS Excel
• 3 Years Plus Work experience
• Degree preferred.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected].