Business Development Manager
- Post Date:8th July 2022
- Views 104
- Salary £33,000/yr - £35,000/yr
Farrow & Ball – Business Development Manager, Midlands, Field Based
We are currently looking for an individual to join our UK Sales team as a Business Development Manager. We are offering this position on a full-time basis, working field-based.
Farrow & Ball is a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper, using print methods dating back 300 years and the finest quality ingredients.
The unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out. Established in Dorset in 1946, we have grown over the last 75 years and now proudly have 60 showrooms worldwide with a global network of stockists.
The key to our success is our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have a positive, engaging experience at every stage of their journey with us.
As the Business Development Manager, you will manage and develop existing third-party relationships in national accounts and independent businesses across a defined territory as part of the UK&I Field Sales Team. Identify business opportunities in existing accounts to drive growth in priority locations by undertaking a commercial review of each account
What we expect from you
- Work closely with the Tele-account team in managing the sales pipeline as well as identifying new independent relationships with potential Stockists, Trade Book Holders and original equipment manufacturers to maximise sales
- To provide merchandising support along with effective communication of all marketing campaign activity to all third parties
- Be accountable for delivering all account strategies at store and regional level across your territory and multi-national accounts
- Achieve and exceed sales targets across all relevant third-party channels
- Conduct thorough strategic account visits, put forward commercial recommendations and set clear agreed objectives that develop and improve the business
- Develop honest and effective working relationships with accounts in your area, communicating brand vision and best practice to ensure the highest in-store standards, service, and customer experience to the F&B consumer
- Ensure excellence in merchandising and display and adhere to brand standards and Ensure customer service standards are exceeded by being a “Brand Ambassador”
- Implementing stockist improvement plans as required for poor performing stockists and third parties through careful review and planned activities.
- Be aware of and understand trends in sales by stockist /region/colour/ finish to provide clear, reliable feedback and identify growth opportunities to support stock management
- Attend all area and/or regional meetings as required. Support all national events as requested
- Visit agreed key national stores meeting the defined service level agreement to build rapport and brand appreciation with the in-store teams
- Ensure all relevant store staff are aware of product and/or business updates. Feedback any relevant information to the National Account Manager
- Support regional activity as required to further develop relationships and revenue opportunities
Planning and Administration Responsibilities:
- Provide a monthly report covering sales analysis by customer for your region; market trends, competitor/customer feedback, achievements in month ending and action plan for the months ahead
- Complete in a timely manner all required administrative tasks required by Head Office including but not limited to; budgets, mileage logs, H&S documents
- Maintain a record of spend and manage the allocated FOC and marketing budgets
- Maintain strong working relationships internally across Farrow & Ball and globally in terms of sharing best practice and working on joint projects and initiatives
- Take responsibility for individual business improvement projects to enhance overall business performance in line with the company objectives and values
This is an outline Job Description and employees are expected to undertake other duties as directed.
Must be prepared to work as part of a team and assist or carry out other duties during periods of high workload, sickness, holidays and emergencies. Willingness to travel extensively with a full and current driving license with no disqualifications.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Self-starter with high energy
- Highly organized, detail orientated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong sales background
- Excellent presentation skills
- Product training experience desirable
- Team player, responsive, flexible and cooperative
- Paint and interior experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Computer skills with Microsoft, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work and travel within assigned territory.
What you can expect from us
- 24 days’ annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays
- Annual salary reviews, based on individual performance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
At Farrow & Ball we are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our people, with an aim to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. Applicants will be considered for employment based only on skills/experience and never based off of race, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or family status, including pregnancy.