Business Development Manager - Marine
- Post Date:12th May 2023
- Views 121
About the job
Join our successful Global Business Development team and support Hempel’s strategic growth in the maritime industry!
Hempel has an ambitious goal of shaping a brighter future with sustainable coating solutions and doubling Hempel by 2025. Our Marine segment is a main contributor to Hempel’s overall growth and we remain ambitious about the future. Within our Marine segment, our global business development team is a key enabler for our strategy and we are now embarking on new growth endeavors.
Build strategic partnerships within the maritime industry
As Business Development Manager you will hold a meaningful role in our organisation – with areas of responsibility including driving growth and owning & driving a sector strategy within the ship-sector assigned to you. Our focus lies within the large ship sectors being container ships, product/crude oil tankers, LNG/LPG carriers & bulk carriers).
What You Can Look Forward To In This Role
- Building partnerships with charterers/operators within your assigned ship-sector.
- Partnering with global sales teams on growth initiatives towards global shipowners.
- Being the “lighthouse” for our approach towards partners within the marine ecosystem and ensure we customise value propositions.
- Owning and implementing ship-sector specific initiatives/strategies internally and being an expert in your area.
- Scale best practices across our global sales hubs.
- Work cross-functionally on strategic projects with other teams in Marine such as Marketing, Commercial Excellence, Product Management etc.
- Engaging with external partners relevant for your assigned ship-sector.
What key skills and attributes will you bring to the team?
- A background in the maritime industry will be beneficial to your understanding of the shipping industry and key contacts involved.
- Preferably experience with either Gas (LNG/LPG), tanker or liner shipping will be seen as an advantage, as this will enable you to make an impact more quickly.
- Your commercial eye for business and ability to build relationships both externally and internally will help you along the way, especially when attending industry events and networking meetings.
- A love of travel and meeting new people will go hand in hand with this role. There will be regular opportunities for travel across Europe, meeting with customers, attending events and conferences.
- You are proficient in English and able to communicate in a clear and consistent way – both verbally and in writing. (Other languages are considered as an asset)
In this position, you will report to Nikolaj Malmberg, Head of Global Business Development, Marine.
What are we offering you as our new team member?
- A competitive salary package
- Working in a small but global and diverse team
- Continuous learning opportunities through on-the-job learning and through Hempel Academy
- Career opportunities across different functions and geographies
- A supportive and inclusive company culture
- Hybrid work-model/flexible working hours allowing a healthy work/life balance
Preferred locations are: In one of the large maritime hubs in Europe. But for the right candidate the position can be located anywhere in Europe.
Application and further information
To apply for this position, please submit your application letter with a CV in English via our recruitment system by clicking the link ‘Apply for position’ at the top-right corner.
Global career possibilities
In Hempel we offer a variety of global career possibilities and many cross functional and cross-cultural working relationships. We strive to build the right conditions for personal and professional development.
Join a global company where the employees are truly passionate about delivering the best in everything they do. With business in mind and people at heart we always work together
More About Hempel
At Hempel, we are working together to shape a brighter future with sustainable coating solutions. We believe this is only possible with dedicated employees with different perspectives and backgrounds.
Hempel is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and culture that embraces the diversity of our employees and the customers we serve, providing equal opportunity for all.
Business Development, Sales
Across the globe, Hempel’s coatings solutions protect surfaces, structures and equipment. They extend asset lifetimes, reduce maintenance costs and make homes and workplaces safer and more colourful. Hempel was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1915 by J.C. Hempel, and is solely owned by the Hempel Foundation, which not only ensures a solid economic base for the company, but is dedicated to making a difference in the world by empowering children to learn, supporting coatings science and sustaining biodiversity.