Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets
- Post Date:21st December 2023
- Apply Before: 9th March 2024
- Views 116
IPG Photonics is the world leader in high power fiber lasers and laser-based industrial systems. Fiber lasers are rapidly gaining adoption in new and diverse markets. We seek to hire a Business Development Manager (BDM) professional located in Europe who focuses on introducing proven IPG solutions into wholly new markets for industrial lasers in the EMEA theater. The successful applicant will impact the business by addressing new market segments, working within multiple industries to identify the most promising business opportunities. This encompasses prospecting for opportunity, then developing opportunities to fruition for hand-off to Sales. To accomplish this, the BDM will define optimal sales channels within the supply chain, and identify strategic partnerships which speed success and time to market.
In this role, the BDM will develop and maintain applications and product expertise across the portfolio range of laser components and laser systems which is offered to the target industries. Plus, be able and willing to support customers with urgency, have a knack for problem solving, and work well with the Product Management, Marketing and Sales teams to shepherd successful outcomes. The BDM has a leadership role to shape and guide efforts to develop new customers, applications and businesses in markets that are currently unfamiliar with IPG Photonics and industrial lasers.
The ideal applicant is an experienced (6+ years) Sales or Product professional who is hands-on and has sufficient technical breadth and initiative to identify opportunity in uncharted waters. The candidate must be capable of strategic thinking and able to convey strategy and data to senior executives. An excellent work ethic and strong interpersonal skills are required since the position involves daily contact with IPG customers and colleagues across the globe. A certain presentation flair is desired since the BDM must make a rapid impression within industries which may not be accustomed to lasers or knowledgeable about our company. The business is expected to grow quickly in these new markets, so we seek an applicant with the capacity to grow with the role’s scope and complexity.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Own the development of new business for IPG solutions positioned into new EMEA marketplaces
- Map the industry landscape, supply chain and key players in each market segment
- Develop strategies to partner and penetrate attractive market segments
- Identify sales channels within an industry supply chain
- Convey and align strategy to internal stakeholders and IPG executives
- Partner with Global Marketing to select and drive promotional activities to support successes and the brand in new EMEA markets
- Prospect and bring opportunities to a fruition where they may be handed off to IPG Sales
- Deliver tangible results ultimately measured by IPG revenue and profitability in the new market selected for development
- Business, Marketing or Technical degree
- 6+ years experience and successful track record with customer-facing responsibilities
- Experience doing business with large companies
- Strategic thinker
- Strong knowledge of business and sales growth techniques
- Demonstrated project and/or people management skills a plus