- Post Date:8th September 2023
- Views 94
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.© 2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.Business Assistant
18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Business Assistant – Introduction
If you have an eye for detail, can follow processes and are keen to learn in a fast paced international business, this is an incredible opportunity to develop your career with a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We are now recruiting a Business Assistant to provide purchasing administration support to our business in Leyland.
Business Assistant – The Role
- Raise purchase orders & liaise with suppliers, arranging for transport for raw material collections & booking in of raw materials/packaging.
- Process stock adjustments & daily sales order dispatches.
- Arrange contractor visits – ensuring paperwork is kept up to date & that visits are arranged as per the maintenance schedule.
- Stock control of stationery, H&S consumables & other miscellaneous items.
- Become proficient in all aspects of our UK sales order processing system.
- Ensure all costs are maintained accurately on the system & report any notable variations.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support as needed.
- Support Management with month end and ad-hoc reporting.
Business Assistant – About You
- Able to follow processes.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
- Experience in an administrative / purchasing role would be beneficial.
- Basic MS Office knowledge is preferred (Outlook / Word / Excel).
- Experience with Sage 50 would be an advantage but full training provided.
Business Assistant – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Business Assistant – How To Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We may consider flexible working for this role.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.