Brand Manager - Trade
- Post Date:11th November 2022
- Views 64
We’re looking for a Trade Brand Manager to join our Marketing Team here at Crown Paints in Darwen. This role will involve ensuring the delivery of Crown’s brand positioning, brand guidelines and the messaging hierarchy for all trade ranges.
Join us and help transform a global team
This is your opportunity to develop and implement brand / range communication plans, develop and manage brand websites whilst taking ownership of route to market, from commercial sign -off to launch and ongoing review of commercial performance. You will use primary and secondary research as well as category data to drive brand storytelling and recommendations to improve commercial performance.
Ensuring Brand Relevancy: Strategic
- Development of a brand roadmap ensuring a positive contribution to overall business objectives and growth.
- Implementation of brand positioning and brand guidelines
- Brand communication – development of brand storytelling/messaging
Consumer Understanding and Insight: Strategic
- Strategic Responsibility for customer/consumer research – Primary/secondary to drive storytelling – validate the why? at brand and proposition level
- Market data, macro/micro trends
- Consumer insights – U&A, panel, pretotyping
- Customer insight – all trade channels working cross-functionally with category management and commercial teams
- Competitor Audits
Driving delivery of Brand Marketing Plans: Strategic & Operational
- Governance of a rolling 2 year annual marketing plan
- Briefing NPD development including responsibility for the associated commercial model and packaging proposition (design and format)
- Ownership of marketing planning CPA
- Internal and external “sell-in” of the marketing plan
Ensuring Brand stand-out: Operational
- Development of brand assets
- Ownership of brand websites, content plan and execution including the briefing of internal and external partners
- Identification and management of brand influencers/advocates
- Activation of ADY as a brand asset
- Evaluating effectiveness of assets versus investment
- Cross-functional working with ABM team, comms and digital teams (steering)
Improving ROI : Operational
- Development of the Trade Brand Marketing Plan
- Generation and launch of NPD propositions in response to consumer needs
- Monthly review of market data and competitor product ranges with detailed actions and follow up
- Maintenance of the library of brand assets including the digital asset management system with clear guidance on use (talent/licence)
- Budget planning including the creation and reconciliation of purchase orders in line with the purchasing process
- Representing the marketing function in the respect to brand related requirements for the retail distribution channel; customer meetings, customer QBR, internal working party meetings, product development
- Regular budget reconciliations
- Maintain Health & Safety Standards
Be part of an exciting Marketing team
As part of this role you will be actively involved in managing the marketing budget and the planning of the 24 month rolling marketing plan. You will work directly with the Trade Product Manager, Brand Communications manager and Technical Product Demonstrator. You will also work cross functionally with other members of the Marketing team.
We’re looking for a proven communicator
Our ideal candidate will have a strong commercial acumen and customer focus and experience of B2C and B2B marketplaces. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are key to this role.
We are looking for someone who is educated to degree level or equivalent and has membership of Marketing institute e.g. CIM, Marketing society.
Application and further information
To apply for this position, please submit your application by clicking the link to apply.
Crown Paints is one of UK’s most renown paint manufacturers and we have been manufacturing for over 200 years, with over 60 years proudly holding the Royal Warrant. However, what really sets Crown apart is the support we provide for cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world through our ownership structure. Crown Paints is part of the Hempel Group, which gives our company stability and our employees extended, global career possibilities.
Related Jobs (44)
Manufacturing Operator – Stowmarket on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Sales Assistant – Sittingbourne – F/T 39 Hours on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Software Engineers – HP Wolf Security (Cambridge, UK) on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Coating Advisor on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Customer Service Executive on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Integrated Marketing Manager on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Business Systems Developer on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Visual Content Designer on 24th March 2023 Temporary
Sales Assistant / Driver on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Maintenance Technician on 24th March 2023 Full Time