Automation & Control Engineer
- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 44
About the job
Ready for a specialist challenge in your Engineering/Maintenance career?
In this new position of Automation & Control Engineer at our Chapeltown Sheffield site – the home of our Ronseal, Valspar and Geocell brands, you will be responsible for…
- Site lead and technical expert, overseeing all industrial control systems (ICS), that operate, automate and regulate manufacturing processes, providing operational support, imparting knowledge and providing training to raise competency levels
- Oversee programming, servicing, fault-finding, root cause analysis and troubleshooting activities across the range of programmable logic controller (PLC), automated and other systems, software, Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), electrical controls and installations, switchgear and distribution systems
- Manage the service contract with the preferred ICS vendor, monitoring performance and costs
- Create and implement a plan to modify current programs and configurations to optimise capability and performance, develop improvement recommendations for plant, equipment and working practices
- Specify ICS equipment, obtain cost estimates, generate bills of materials, expedite purchasing and fabrication of electrical controls equipment, oversee improvement projects.
The education, skills and experience we are ideally looking for…
- Either degree in a relevant Engineering discipline or significant technical / professional experience in the area of automation and controls
- Significant relevant engineering/maintenance experience, with exposure to industrial control systems and methodologies, including PLC and SCADA systems
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement techniques and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) systems
- Knowledge of electrical systems including compliance with NEC and other applicable codes
- Certified with Continuous Improvement tools; 6 Sigma, Lean, and Root Cause Analysis is an advantage.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
The Sheffield site has recently had considerable investment and is the home of our Ronseal, Valspar and Geocell brands.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.