Associate Regulatory Consultant
- Post Date:13th May 2022
- Views 251
Associate Regulatory Consultant
Yordas Group is a leading international provider of scientific and consultancy services, regulatory advice and training to industry in sustainability, chemicals management and risk assessment. We help ensure companies are compliant and up-to-date with the regulations affecting their supply chains and product portfolios. Yordas is headquartered in the UK, with offices and representation across the globe.
Job title: Associate Regulatory Consultant
Location: Lancaster, UK / Forchheim, Germany / Hamilton, Canada /
Salary range: Dependent on experience, full time position
We are looking for an Associate Regulatory Consultant to support our growing regulatory services under EU-REACH and UK-REACH. This position does not require any prior experience and is open to individuals interested in a career in chemical regulatory management.
As a member of the regulatory team, you will assist with the delivery of regulatory and technical services to clients to fulfil compliance requirements for EU-REACH and UK-REACH. A key remit will be to support our Only Representative contracts for manufacturers and formulators based outside of these regions, in addition to supporting clients within these regions as necessary.
Within the first couple of years, we expect the successful candidate will develop their regulatory knowledge and communication skills, enabling them to progress to a broader customer facing role working directly with clients, international partners and authorities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support in the preparation of regulatory and technical advice for clients with regard to UK-REACH and EU-REACH regulations
- Working with the only representative project management team, support with the delivery of registration, notifications and account management services
- Support the setup and management of Only Representative contracts
- Work in close cooperation with colleagues from all departments within the company to support the delivery of multi-disciplinary services
- Proactively develop knowledge and skills by making best use of the in-house training provided, colleagues’ expertise and guidance documentation
Profile and Qualifications
For an Associate Consultant position, the candidate should be able to demonstrate aptitude and ability to learn the following:
- Knowledge of the EU-REACH regulation and guidance would be an advantage but is not essential. Training, guidance and mentoring will be provided.
- Knowledge of other EU chemicals legislation is also desirable, e.g. CLP, safety data sheets, biocidal products etc.
- University degree in a natural science such as (eco)toxicology, chemistry or environmental sciences
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, customer orientation and business acumen
- Adaptable and capable of working under pressure towards deadlines
- Independent and well organised
Dependent on location, we offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- Pension Scheme and Medical Benefits
- Generous holidays
- Professional Development
- Social Culture
- Flexible working
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.