Associate Counsel EMEAI
- Post Date:25th March 2022
- Views 120
The Associate Counsel will help provide legal services to the Company’s divisions in EMEAI, which are:
- Performance Coatings Group – industrial division which produces, sells and distributes the Company’s industrial products, through 7 individual business units.
- Consumer Brands Group – Non-Sherwin branded consumer and light industrial products, including Valspar, Ronseal, Altax, Purdy and Geocel brands.
- Global Supply Chain – operational division responsible for manufacturing of products for all commercial divisions, logistics, procurement etc.
- Functional Support – Advising key functions such as Real Estate, Human Resources, Finance, R&D, and Corporate.
- Privacy Support – GDPR Compliance.
The position will support the EMEAI/ANZ in-house legal team who carry primary responsibility for the provision of day-to-day legal services for the divisions above. The Associate Counsel will assist with a wide range of legal and business issues, including commercial contracts, disputes, HR issues, marketing issues, M&A, government contract and compliance issues, as well as proactively working on legal and business projects and training to reduce risk to the businesses and improve delivery of in-house legal services.
The position will report to a Corporate Counsel but will support all members of the legal team in the EMEAI/ANZ region.
Formal Education And Experience
Qualified Solicitor or non-UK equivalent.
Relevant experience in a large law firm and/or in-house legal department.
Experience in corporate, commercial and contract law.
Experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
Experience in any of the following areas highly desirable – HR and Pensions, Real Estate, IP.
Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complicated subjects in easily understood language.
High degree of professionalism and integrity.
Adaptability to changes in work environment, situations and processes.
Ability to understand commercial business models and financial concepts.
Ability to work as a team member and to interact successfully with people at all levels within and outside of the organization, including in-house attorneys, business professionals and outside counsel.
Strong work ethic and time management skills, including the ability to work independently and to work on several projects simultaneously.
High competency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.