Assistant Store Manager - Londonderry F/T 39 Hours
- Post Date:2nd September 2022 14550
- Views 112
Assistant Store Manager
As an Assistant Store Manager, you deputize for the Store Manager in their absence in order that all daily tasks and functions are completed and maintained, in line with company standards and objectives.
Store Opening Hours
08:00-13:00 Saturday (Maximum working 1 in 3 Saturdays)
- Achieve sales and profit targets to ensure Company profitability.
- Deputize for Store Manager in all operational and staffing issues, and delegate responsibilities to staff accordingly to maintain the smooth running of the Decorating Centre.
- Perform the banking of all monies within the branch when deputising for Store Manager to ensure branch security and customer account flow.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to within the branch in line with statutory legislation and Company policy.
- Providing training to all new and existing staff as advised by the manager to ensure a good standard of skills transfer and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Coordinate and be accountable for stock, which enters or leaves the premises, and to report any discrepancies with the correct paperwork to ensure all Company procedures for stock in and out are adhered to.
- Maintain computerized and manual record system relating to orders, payment, inventory and stocktaking to ensure optimum stock balance and financial security.
- Strong retail experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to stay calm and composed when dealing with difficult situations.
- Previous supervisory experience – Yes
- Full valid driving license – Yes
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.