- Post Date:4th November 2022 14646
- Views 23
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialized identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
This is a hybrid role which requires frequent visits to our Bar Hill site. You will join an experienced, award-winning procurement team and be responsible for improving the effectiveness of the team through supporting operational activities including Oracle database management, supplier creation and information management. You will also take a leading role, championing Purchasing Trade and Technical compliance through engaging with suppliers, securing responses and tracking progress.
The purpose of this role is to
- Lead, facilitate and improve Trade and Technical Compliance engagement with Suppliers.
- Progress collation of evidence, upload information to Data Management Systems for internal and external audit/review.
- Co-ordinate data acquisition, consolidation, and publication of the Vendor Performance Rating League
- Work with the current Buyer, develop a thorough understanding of the Vendor Managed Inventory process. Take charge of the day-to-day maintenance, including stock level and liability review. Competitively tender VMI items to ensure optimum costs remain competitive. Work with Wesco and Liverpool to improve the coverage and process of VMI purchases.
- Work with other Purchasing Team members to identify, understand and quantify sources of risk in the supply chain and propose actions to help reduce
- Understand Purchasing Cost drivers, how they are monitored, measured. Identify opportunities for cost down and support the minimization of IPV and cost increases.
- Provide information used to generate management reports
- Understand process mapping and optimization and use of systems/tools that support the Purchasing function.
- Participate in the management of engineering change (ECOs, TCNs, PCNs) effectively through use of Agile and Oracle ECOs and TCNs
- Participate in surveying, reporting, and improving compliance to the Domino Supplier Code
- May be first Supply Chain role, ideally with some previous experience in a business administrative role
- Able to work in a flexible team environment
- Basic understanding of Supply Chain
- Working knowledge of MS Office, computer literate and potential exposure to Business Systems including ERP/MRP and data base systems (for managing documentation)
- Preferably HNC / HND, A-Levels or similar qualifications, equally applicable, proven track record of achievement in a range of administrative roles involving supplier engagement
- Desired skills – good communication – verbal and written. Influencing. Has presence, credible and trustworthy. Individual and Team problem solving skills. An understanding of current purchasing practices and techniques. Understanding of accountancy techniques including costing and budgeting
- Focused and resilient. Willing to learn. Great collaborator. Well organized, logical with attention to detail. Good time management with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Desire to develop and progress within a Supply Chain environment
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognized and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organization which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.
Please note – Due to annual leave applications will not be looked at until 7th November 2022.
Related Jobs (54)
Regulatory Affairs Manager on 23rd November 2022
Software Engineer (Python / PHP) on 18th November 2022
AP Assistant on 18th November 2022
IT Developer III on 18th November 2022
Sales Assistant – Newcastle – F/T 39 Hours on 18th November 2022
Software Developer (Browser) – HP Wolf Security on 18th November 2022
HR Assistant on 18th November 2022
Manager Marketing Communications, Infrastructure on 18th November 2022
ERP Manager on 18th November 2022
Contractor / Specification Sales Manager on 18th November 2022