- Post Date:18th November 2022
- Views 66
Purpose Of Role
The Accounts Payable Coordinator, Europe, is a contributing member of the Accounts Payable Team, which is a component of the European Shared Services Center. The role involves processing supplier invoices for goods and services received, resolving supplier queries, reconciling statements, and managing invoice processing workflows to ensure invoices are approved and posted within terms.
- Validate and process large volumes of invoices for multiple European sites using SAP & VIM;
- Managing various Accounts Payable mailboxes and resolving suppliers queries within set KPI deadlines;
- Liaise with other European Synthomer sites as needed and requested;
- Answer and resolve telephone queries;
- Process supplier bank detail confirmations;
- Ensure supplier statements are reconciled within targeted timeframes;
- Assist with the development of a strong European Accounts Payable Team, with a focus on standardization, continuous improvement, sustainability, efficiency and governance;
- Work with and support business units to ensure policies, procedures and controls are appropriate and adhered to, while jointly driving to profit maximization;
- Collaborate with business partners and colleagues to ensure timely resolution of vendor/supplier issues;
- Comply with Company and departmental policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and implementation of policies and internal controls;
- Apply VAT fundamentals to enable consistent and issue free Procure-to-Pay process;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills And Knowledge
- European language skills would be desirable, ideally in German, Portuguese or French
- Ability to help develop and support a culture that fosters process improvement, high performance teams, employee development, and excellence in customer service.
- Process Excellence – Delivers high quality output and able to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Works effectively as part of a team and able to work efficiently while maintaining accuracy
- Experience with multi-currency invoice processing.
- An understanding of VAT for Europe is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, written and verbal.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Solid ERP skills, preferably SAP.
- Solid working knowledge MS Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
Location and Travel requirements:
Position based out of the European Shared Service Center in Harlow, United Kingdom, with opportunity to work remotely. No travel expected.
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.