Analytical Chemistry Manager
- Post Date:21st April 2023
- Views 119
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
We have embarked in change journey to enhance value for our customers. We have now a vacancy for an experienced Analytical Chemistry Manager/Head of Analytical to take a key leading position in that journey.
As part of our Global R&D Team and reporting to the Director of Consumables, you will lead a team of experienced and talented scientists and will be responsible for the output of an analytical laboratory containing a wide range of world class instrumentation including chromatography and mass spectrometry equipment.
You will work closely with our product development teams, actively participating in project discussions helping to define requirements and specifications and developing appropriate procedures with particular emphasis on requirements derived from regulatory sources. We expect the candidate to develop the role delivering custom solutions for a range of print technologies and applications. You will also provide analytical expertise to the wider business.
The role will include a strong contribution to the definition of the strategic direction of our analytical capability, including operational budget and capex responsibilities. We are looking to enhance our analytical capabilities with new instrumental methodology and approaches to data capture and analysis.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and people. In addition to that we expect you to have
• A degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Forensic Sciences.
• A proven track record in analytical chemistry and laboratory management.
• Excellent leadership skills. Passionate about developing and mentoring more junior colleagues.
• A customer centric and flexible approach to provide clear direction and support to other team members to ensure the Analytical Teams timely delivers its objectives.
• Experience of working in a highly regulated industry and ideally some experience of working with food contact materials.
• Technically proficiency, with a strong expertise in LC-MS and working knowledge in a range of other Analytical Chemistry techniques.
• Great communications skills, able to explain complex analytical results to all stakeholders, linking results with the desired project outcomes and regulatory requirements.
• Highly motivated with a positive, enthusiastic, and proactive approach to work
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few! We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers. We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.