- Post Date:5th August 2021 13954
- Views 228
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Our polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Our business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2020 revenues of more than £1.6 billion, our robust financial performance ensures we are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. We employ 4750 people across 37 manufacturing sites in 18 countries.
The successful candidate will i ndependently plan and execute completion of laboratory testing requests. We are looking for someone who has a detailed understanding in a specific technical area and can apply this knowledge effectively to solve customer problems. There are also opportunities to lead straightforward technical projects under supervision.
- Work with customers to solve technical problems related to chemistry, processing and applications of Companies’ products.
- Plan and execute analytical project work to develop application and knowledge.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- Provide technical support to operations, R&D, sales, quality and regulatory as required.
- Ensure data integrity in the Analytical LIMS system.
- Assist in the development of new analytical methods as directed and with the support of the method development chemist.
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of at least one of the following pieces of instrumentation GC, GC-MS, FT-IR, HPLC and GPC, and the sample preparation attached in the Analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- Order goods and services, with approvals, using SAP.
To Join Our Successful Team, You Will Need
- Relevant degree in Analytical Chemistry or related field.
- Relevant experience in analytical environment desirable.
- Polymer knowledge/experience is highly desirable for this role.
- Analytical knowledge in at least one of the following GC, GC-MS, LC, LC-MS and FT-IR.
- An understanding of principles of method development/validation
In Addition, We Offer The Following Benefits
- Subsidised Private Health Insurance
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Support Counselling
- Company social events throughout the year
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking at Harlow
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (1)
Research and Development Chemist on 13th October 2022