- Post Date:2nd June 2023
- Views 97
About the job
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
In this position you will independently plan and execute completion of laboratory testing requests. May lead straightforward technical projects under supervision. You will have a detailed understanding in a specific technical area and can apply this knowledge effectively to solve customer problems. You will work closely with a team of other technical staff and you will be expected to have contact with various colleagues internally and regular contact with customers.
- Ensure compliance with Synthomer’s Health and safety programs by pro-actively identifying, reporting on and improving safety related issues in the local laboratory area.
- Work with customers to solve technical problems related to chemistry, processing and applications of Companies’ products.
- Plan and execute analytical project work to develop application and knowledge.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- Develop and maintain awareness in relevant technical fields.
- Provide technical support to operations, R&D, sales, quality and regulatory as required.
- Ensure data integrity in the Analytical LIMS system.
- Assist in the development of new analytical methods as directed and with the support of the method development chemist.
- Adherence to the high standards of the analytical lab in line with appropriate certifications.
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of at least one of the following pieces of instrumentation GC, GC-MS, FT-IR, HPLC and GPC, and the sample preparation attached in the Analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- Order goods and services, with approvals, using SAP.=
- Participation in the Analytical 5S team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in analytical environment
- GC-MS experience or LC experience would be an advantage
- Analytical experience is very important with real chromatography knowledge
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Self-motivated and have an ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and other team members across the program
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A methodical approach to work and attention to detail
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.