Accounts Receivable Credit Analyst
- Post Date:13th May 2022
- Views 132
Maximisation of profitable Sales over the shortest acceptable period and with the minimum of bad debt losses. The basic objective is to protect the company’s investment in receivables to provide the best possible return for the company from the borrowed invested in AR.
To provide financial, clerical, and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of account under his or her control.
Service and Performance
- Chasing debts by phone/email, speaking on behalf of the company requiring good communication/diplomacy/tact/negotiation skills. In a manner which creates the optimum cash inflow while at the same time ensuring continuity of business.
- Cash allocation: ensuring the cash is allocated daily and accurately to maintain up to date ledgers, requiring attention to detail for multiple currencies
- Order release: ensuring conditions are met to confirm the release diligently requiring good judgement, following order release process flow.
- Query management: to be addressed with customer service/sales and solved promptly to keep customer’s satisfaction and identify any root causes preventing reoccurrences
- Month End Aged Debt reporting, including monthly review calls liaising with Finance Directors, Sales/Business Managers
- Build strong relationships with customers and understands customers approval and payment practices.
- Monitoring and control of debt/Aged debt overview: ensuring agreed terms are adhered to by customers.
- Query management: to be addressed with customer service/Sales and solved promptly to keep customer’s satisfaction and identify any root causes preventing from occurrences
- Chasing of claims/disputes/credit notes to keep customers’ goodwill in paying promptly
- Maintenance of the Sales ledger/Treasury/GL leader to ensure customer master file is up-to-date and accurate with adjustments (discount/bank charges/commissions/refunds/bad debt write offs) and payments/credit + debit notes requiring accounting skills (including rebates)
Compliance & Risk Management
- Establishment of credit terms and limits/Account Review/Customer Master Setups for new customers or increased business on existing accounts considering the risk involved and liaising closely with sales with for export credit knowledge of export documentation and other payment methods
- Assessment of credit risk/Credit Risk Review: trying to find ways of accepting and controlling all business, including high risk opportunities. This involves the use of Credit Check Reports via a Credit Check Agency, the basic understanding of financial statements (Balance sheet, P&L) within approval limits requiring good numeracy skills
- Ensures services delivered are compliant with SOX, Sherwin Williams policies, procedures, and all local statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Works with Internal Audit and external auditors to support their activities.
- GCSE Maths/ English – A-C level would be preferable:
- CICM, AAT studier, part qualified accountant or other relevant professional qualification.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2 years Credit Control or Accounting background
- Applying comprehensive credit principles and practices
- Balancing and reconciling accounts
- Working with other departments and groups
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office based program – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Fluent in English
- Experience in using Oracle in finance capacity
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Related Jobs (3)
Accountant – 9 month FTC on 2nd June 2023 Temporary
Operational Account Manager on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Key Account Manager on 12th May 2023 Full Time