Accounts Payable Assistant - 12 month FTC
- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 83
About the job
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.Purpose Of RoleThe Accounts Payable Assistant, Europe, is a member of the Accounts Payable Team, which is a component of the European Shared Services Center. The role involves processing supplier invoices for goods and services received, resolving supplier queries, and managing invoice processing workflows to ensure invoices are approved and posted within terms.The European SSC team is responsible for finance transaction processing – including AP, VAT, Treasury, Collections and Management accounting – for multiple European entities and thus AP processing is in multiple currencies, under various VAT regimes according to the relevant geography.Main Accountabilities
- Validate and process large volumes of invoices for multiple European entities
- Manage Accounts Payable mailboxes and resolve supplier queries;
- Liaise with other European Synthomer sites as needed and requested in order to obtain data/approvals for processing;
- Answer and resolve e mail telephone queries from internal and external parties;
- Collaborate with Synthomer colleagues from multiple departments to ensure timely resolution of vendor/supplier issues;
- Comply with Company and departmental policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the Shared Service Centre
Skills And Knowledge
- Ability to process data and information accurately and according to expected turnaround times
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment, managing multiple deliverables
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Experience of using an ERP system for processing – preferably SAP.
- Experience of working in a multi-national entity with stakeholders and transactions in various countries
- Working knowledge MS Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- European language skills would be desirable
- Ability to help develop and support a culture that fosters process improvement, high performance teams, employee development, and excellence in customer service.
Location and Travel requirements:Position based out of the European Shared Service Center in Harlow, United Kingdom, which operates under a hybrid working model (with a minimum of 3 days per week in the office).Why Synthomer?We are ambitious!We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.We believe in high challenge, high support!We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.We personalize our approach to development!At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.