- Post Date:12th May 2023
- Views 82
About the job
Farrow and Ball – Accounts Assistant, Wimborne (Hybrid)
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our Finance team in Wimborne as an Accounts Assistant. We are offering this position on a full-time basis, working on a hybrid basis.
Farrow & Ball is a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper, using print methods dating back 300 years and the finest quality ingredients.
The unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out. Established in Dorset in 1946, we have grown over the last 75 years and now proudly have 60 showrooms worldwide with a global network of stockists.
The key to our success is the people behind the paint: from the team handcrafting each tin to showroom staff to support functions, our shared passion ensures customers have a positive, engaging experience at every stage of their journey with us.
As the Accounts Assistant you will be supporting the finance team with month end processes, running reports and various administration tasks.
What we expect from you as an Accounts Assistant:
- Support the Management Accounts team with month-end processes by running reports and posting journals to IFS (ERP system)
- Assist in completion of monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Monthly review of all designated overhead costs, including the investigation of variances against budget
- Support the Management Accounts team with capital expenditure administration
- Ensure all Management Accounts team deadlines are met
- Developing relationships with staff across the business to provide information and support as required throughout the month
- Completing various National Statistics Reports and maintaining the file
- Review and posting of Concur expenses output file
- Various administration to support US colleagues, for example Resale Certificates
- Ad hoc tasks as required by Finance Department Management
- Ideally studying AAT or equivalent
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- High level of accuracy
- High attention to detail
- Used to using own initiative when attempting to resolve issues
- Good Excel skills, including data analysis
- Experience of preparing month end accounts with an integrated accounts package such as IFS or SAP would be advantageous
- Determined and driven
- Proactive and challenging in outlook
- Flexibility to meet the business needs and deadlines for the role
- Conscientious and diligent
What you can expect from us
- 24 days’ annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays
- Annual salary reviews, based on individual performance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
At Farrow & Ball we are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our people, with an aim to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. Applicants will be considered for employment based only on skills/experience and never based off of race, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or family status, including pregnancy.