Technical Sales Manager
- Post Date:10th February 2023
- Views 36
Apply Job Description
A rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading multi-agency distributors of equipment to many key industries including, pharmaceutical, food, paints, nanotechnology, cosmetics, print and packaging industries. The Technical Sales Specialist will be working within our expanding technical division. This role will play an integral part of our existing sales team to provide technical support and ensure that client expectations are understood, met, and exceeded.
The reason for this role is to add the much needed technical expertise to the organization in this newer area of expertise.
This is a home-based area sales role, so the ideal candidate can be located anywhere in the UK. However, a centralised location would be preferable for ease of travel
- Create development plans and forecasting sales targets and growth projections.
- In conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team develop and implement strategic plans for all market segments to increase market share whilst achieving profit objectives.
- Responsible for the execution of strategy in the field for an agreed range of strategic products.
- Research and identify new business opportunities including new markets, growth areas, trends, and new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Provide Technical expertise when liaising with prospective customers
- Analysing changes in the market and reporting back on competitor threats.
- Building and maintaining relationships with KOL’s to help with the development and design of products and product literature.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries
To be considered…
- The ideal candidate will be a university graduate with experience and exposure to engineering in areas such as biochemistry, cell disruption, and nanotechnology
- Experience in paint technology, food technology, and pharmaceutical manufacturing would be seen as a great advantage.
- An engineering, technical and or project management background would also be advantageous, individual product and technology training will be available direct from the manufacturers
- You will need to be highly motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious, and willing to work using your own initiative. Also, just as important, you will be comfortable working as part of a team on large projects with a long sales cycle
- This will be a customer facing role, so being confident and a strong communicator with some commercial experience is essential. Being comfortable negotiating with lower management up to director level.
- Maintain and develop sales pipelines, achieve budgets, margins and ensure sales growth.
- Experience with a modern CRM, such as Sales Force would be seen as a strength.
- Visits to the Head Office in Hemel Hempstead will be required on occasions for sales, management, and strategy meetings.
- This role will require both domestic and international travel as and when required so a current valid passport is essential.
Related Jobs (3)
Territory Sales Consultant on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Sales Assistant (F/T, 39 hours) – Ballymena on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Territory Sales Manager on 16th March 2023 Full Time