Technical Assistant - Runcorn
- Post Date:1st September 2021 14001
- Views 48
As a Technical Assistant, you will complete technical activities by manufacturing, colour matching, applying and physically testing coatings for Consumer Bakeware.
- Utilise laboratory equipment for product analysis, for example, SEM, and write basic reports on results acquired.
- Coordinate and maintain laboratory notebook/internal databases, including sample delivery timings, test results, and test reports.
- Capture and report product-manufacturing data as advised.
- Contribute to the generation of project plans and timings.
- Assist in the preparation of both the material safety data sheet (MSDS) and product data sheet (PDS).
- Interact with other departments to make sure that the on-site first time make (FTM) process is followed.
- Participate in technical service and customer visits, laboratory meetings and progress reviews.
- Desirable – Experience of coatings and coating application.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and appreciation for high quality work.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work individually as well as in a team.
- GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and Chemistry, and minimum A-level standard science subject.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.