- Post Date:19th December 2022 14746
- Views 39
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose Of The Job
To provide a stock control / administration function to the Harlow site to meet the business requirements, maintaining stock levels of raw materials, packaging and finished goods ensuring supply chain goals are met.
- The responsibility for the stock control of raw materials and packaging and finished goods for the manufacture of Harlow based products
- The direct procurement of raw materials, packaging, labelling and toll manufacturing services directly related to Harlow production
- Control of warehousing & stock level management, including administration and cost management
- Assisting in the planning, organising and carrying out of perpetual and year end stock takes
- Material allocation to include meeting customer specific product specifications
Knowledge And Skills
- Stock Control, Production Planning background, with at least five years’ experience
- Computer literacy, and an advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel is essential
- Shipping to and from external warehousing and toll manufacturers, including the shipment of Dangerous Goods
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving, with a can do attitude
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment, working to tight time schedules
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (38)
Sales & Marketing Graduate on 13th January 2023
Technologist on 13th January 2023
In-direct Tax Accountant (Europe) on 13th January 2023
Process Safety Manager on 13th January 2023
R&D- Applicator on 13th January 2023
Territory Sales Consultant NWEST on 13th January 2023
Manufacturing Production Assistant on 13th January 2023
Sales Orderline Clerk on 13th January 2023
Product Sales Representative on 13th January 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 13th January 2023