- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 41
About the job
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries. Specification Executive
Competitive Package including Bonus, Company Car & Fuel Card
Field Based within commutable distance of London
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced account or sales manager with outstanding customer facing skills to build their career in a business that is expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We are now recruiting a business development professional to identify project leads and ensure AkzoNobel products are specified on projects by engaging with architects, facade consultants and building contractors.
Specification Executive – The Role
- Ensure specifications of premium architectural products.
- Provide technical/material support to architectural practices, building developers & facade system suppliers with the aim of becoming a trusted adviser.
- Create brilliant customer working relationships with key specifiers across the construction supply chain.
- Deliver engaging technical CPD presentations.
- Support our participation in leading industry exhibitions/events.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maximise sales opportunities.
- Identify potential specification opportunities which cannot be met by current company capabilities & advise the business on potential future requirements.
- Help provide content through social media platforms to engage and update the wider industry.
- Build knowledge of products, market trends & competitor activity.
Specification Executive – About You
- Background in sales or account management.
- Able to design and execute strategic customer plans.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Good interpersonal, influencing & communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
- Experience of specification sales, architectural design and/or the wider construction industry would be advantageous.
Specification Executive – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including childcare vouchers, Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Specification Executive – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.