Senior R&D Chemist
- Post Date:13th April 2021
- Views 309
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Senior Chemist Will Be Responsible To
- Oversee the development and optimization of robust coatings formulations from lab to production scale and support as required once in the market.
- Contribute to the ideation and innovation process and build a pipeline of innovation projects effectively and drive current and future new product development (NPD) projects.
- Use Six Sigma tools and methodologies to rationalize and simplify the product portfolio, raw material basket and reduce overall complexity.
- Proactively organize and carry comparative studies and competitor benchmarking
- Host and visit customers together with the sales & marketing teams to develop new business and support existing business opportunities.
- Lead, coach and train junior co-workers (R&D & Product/ Marketing), plan and efficiently coordinate work
- Degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, polymer/materials science or related technical discipline with 7+ years industry experience
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience of product development using project plans within a stage-gated process
- Able to present clear and structured project plans within the above referenced stage-gated process.
- Strong chemistry and materials science knowledge
- Able to present complex information clearly to both technical and non-technical people effectively.
- Good understanding of coatings market and formulation best practices.
- Sounds knowledge of the European Regulatory landscape.
- Knowledge of industry testing standards (ISO/ EN/ ASTM).
- Experienced introducing new Products into a manufacturing environment
- Proven track records of writing and giving posters/ papers at international conferences/ meetings
- Demonstrates willingness to share knowledge, train and teach other members of the team and wider teams as required.
- Able to run projects across/impacting multiple departments and sites.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of local manufacturing site and be able to map processes using Lean Six Sigma tools.
- A practitioner of Six Sigma (Green Belt), experimental designs and statistical analysis.
- Project Management using Stage Gated processes
- Experienced in use of Office IT systems
- Good communication skills and the ability to lead, educate and motivate teams.
- Must hold a UK driving license
- Second Language desirable
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.