- Post Date:6th April 2021 13674
- Views 14
As a Senior Chemist, you will develop and perfect new aerospace sealant formulations whilst improving the formulation of existing products.
Managing and coordinating projects for development and the completion of new formulations for adhesives and sealants into the Aerospace field, you will also provide technical support for sales in both customer relations and problem solution.
Key Responsibilities, you will:-
- Keep up-to-date the products within your responsibility, further developing the specifications.
- Develop chemical formulas in the lab in accordance with customer specifications.
- Propose further technical developments for the formulations, providing advice and recommendations to other departments and customers to assist in solving potential problems and queries.
- Develop testing and analytical methods, researching technical and scientific information.
- Meet with suppliers of raw materials and equipment.
- Maintain trial, analytical and testing equipment.
- Carry out daily responsibilities relating to EHS, 5S along with wider company initiatives.
- You will be degree qualified or equivalent, in a chemistry or related field.
- Previous product formulation experience, preferably on adhesives/sealants.
- Proficient in IT systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving abilities and a thorough understanding of statistical analysis and programmes.
- Good communication skills allowing for positive interaction with other departments and internal/external customers!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.