Senior Chemist - GBR
- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 106
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.Purpose Of The JobCo-ordinates technical work programs associated with projects with responsibility for delivery of technical objectives. Has a detailed understanding of Synthomer technology and specified business applications, and is able to bring new thinking in these areas. Works closely with a team of other technical staff and is expected to develop working relationships with operational, commercial and regulatory colleagues to support delivery of business objectives.Main Accountabilities
- Exhibit SHE leadership through own behaviours to set local standards and proactive initiation of safety improvement initiatives
- Pro-actively identify, report on and improve safety related issues using available tools and system.
- Responsible for leading and delivering technical programs within defined innovation or support project, including delegation of work to others where required
- Develop new products / recipes with the support of experienced scientific staff
- Develop and maintain technology expertise and insight in a relevant technical field
- Apply a high level of scientific rigor to the analysis and assessment of data and to draw and present conclusions
- Supporting experienced scientific staff in the competitor and patent watch process
- Building a network within wider organisation, e.g., technical, business units, production, etc.
- Support the development and training of laboratory personnel to ensure the company’s high standards are maintained
- Supports the business development leadership teams to execute their strategies
Knowledge And Skills Required
- Relevant Technical Degree in Chemistry, materials or polymer science related field
- 3+ years relevant work experience in an industry R&D environment
- Facilitates the effective interaction and contribution of co-workers or external partners and works to remove barriers to collaboration
- Inspires commitment and teamwork within the working group and effectively resolves conflicts within the team
- Develops and articulates a compelling position to strongly influence the outcome of activities and initiatives
Why Synthomer?We are ambitious!We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.We believe in high challenge, high support!We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.We personalize our approach to development!At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.