R&D Placement Student
- Post Date:9th January 2024
- Views 41
About the job
Placement Activities will include:
- Working in a polymer lab to develop silane-terminated polyether (STP) sealants
- Supporting the senior sealants chemist with development project(s) in the Sealants group within R&D
- Introduction to industrial R&D development tools such as Design of Experiments
- QA and performance testing of STP sealants including tensile and rheology testing
- Exposure to industrial R&D development setting – including time spent in our production plant within the Sheffield site
- Learning about the sealants industry, including regulatory requirements
- Experience of working on a site with ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 accreditations
The successful candidate for this opportunity will be:
- Motivated to learn and ambitious to progress a career in polymer science
- A strong communicator with a problem-solving mindset and positive attitude
- Currently studying towards a chemistry or other relevant science-based degree and able to undertake a year in industry placement from Summer 2024 to Summer 2025.
- Able to show initiative and experience working as part of a team
- Undergraduate student currently enrolled in a Chemistry-related degree that offers the option of a Year in Industry placement.
- Demonstrates a strong passion for research and innovation.
- An innovative approach and strong lateral thinking.
- Candidate with excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong, reliable and adaptable work ethic.
Closing date: 12th Jan 2024
- Competitive pay for the placement duration
- Work life balance – flexible working schedule
- Career growth opportunities in a truly international environment for the future
- Sherwin Academy offers continuous training programmes for all seniority levels
- Attractive wellbeing, mental health, women & inclusion and ID&E programmes
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive!
Eligibility to Work
You will need to provide proof of right to work. It is a condition of any offer of employment we make to you that you have the permission to work in the country for the role for which you are applying for.
Equal Opportunity Employer
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other protected characteristic prohibited by law.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3786429546
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024