R&D Mechanical Engineer
- Post Date:22nd July 2022
- Views 75
At HP, we believe one thoughtful idea has the power to change the world! Our Centre of Excellence of Sustainable Packaging, based in Edinburgh, is working to create a more sustainable world through out innovative paper bottle technology. We are positioned to disrupt the $10 billion fiber-based packaging market and drive environmental sustainability in support of HP’s broader sustainability goals. There are more than 150 million tons of single-use plastics produced each year and HP intends to disrupt this market with fiber-based, 100% plastic-free packaging.
This is a unique opportunity to join the HP Centre of Excellence of Sustainable Packaging and have full exposure to one of the most exciting technologies and innovative businesses at HP Inc.
We are looking for a talented mechanical engineer or pulp engineers that has a a background in production & machinery design. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the growth of our production & contribute to our ambitions scale up growth plans.
Responsibilities For The R&D Mechanical Engineer
- Developing technical plans based on research ideas
- Designing products based on the requirements of the company
- Carrying out surveys on equipment and various mechanical systems
- Presenting design plans to Managers and clients
- Producing technical documents that the company requires
- Conducting product testing
- Overseeing quality control programmes and overall maintenance in a facility
- Developing CAD project
- Collaborating with Project Managers and developing accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of internal projects
- Develops and Executes Process Characterizations / Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Develops, Maintains and Reports Project Timeline / Plan
- Designs, Selects and Evaluates Equipment and Tooling
- Develops SOPs and Manufacturing Procedure
- Initiate/Implement applicable documentation changes
Requirements For The R&D Mechanical Engineer
- Experience with working in a R&D and manufacturing environment
- Experience in Product / Process Development
- Strong knowledge of CAD software- Proficiency in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Ability to conduct a repair on various machines and tools
- BS/MS Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Biomedical)
What Would Make An Excellent R&D Mechanical Engineer
- Paper pulp/moulding production expertise
- Industrial machinery design
- Mechanical production & maintenance support
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Related Jobs (8)
Software Engineers – HP Wolf Security (Cambridge, UK) on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Software Engineer (PHP) on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Process Engineer on 17th March 2023 Full Time
R&D- Applicator on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Multi-Skilled Engineer (Days) – Birstall on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Electrical Maintenance Technician on 17th March 2023 Full Time
Maintenance Engineer on 1st March 2023 Full Time
Project Engineer on 1st March 2023 Full Time