Raw Materials Scheduler - GBR
- Post Date:25th June 2021
- Views 243
Purpose Of Role
The main purpose of the job is to:
- Determine and schedule Raw material and Packaging requirements to meet current demand
- Raise, import and expedite purchase orders for Raw materials and Packaging
- Maintain the monomer bulk requirements tracker and issues log in the Performance Board on a daily basis.
- Responsible for scheduling and raising purchase orders for raw materials and packaging with suppliers in accordance with Procurement’s purchasing strategy and from approved site sources.
- Arrange for the import of materials into the UK, ensuring the Purchase order is correctly set up and the necessary import documentation is submitted to the Customs Broker to ensure an accurate import declaration is completed.
- Complete a daily check of material requirements, action any changes and expedite deliveries, as necessary.
- Schedule monthly monomer allocation, placing purchase orders to ensure a balanced deliver schedule to site on a weekly basis.
- Ensure Supplier OTIF data is correctly recorded and reported for the monthly Integrated Business process (IBP).
- Attend the IBP supply point capacity review and site supply chain review meeting and submit a 3 month forward forecast view of major raw materials based on balance from rough cut capacity plan.
- Attend weekly central supply chain raw material call providing updates on volume changes and actively communicate any shortage in supply of raw materials and packaging.
- Responsible for regularly monitoring reorder points and stock levels for raw material and packaging. Manage accurate delivery lead-times for each material such that all deliveries arrive in time for production.
- Ensure invoice queries, credit or debit notes are promptly dealt with and returned to Finance department.
- Liaise with the Technical Department to ensure that alternative raw materials or suppliers are evaluated/approved by the R&D and Procurement departments.
- Ensuring compliance of all site Safety Health & Environment (SHE) procedures within area of responsibility and the inventory of hazardous raw material inventory does not breach the COMAH limits.
- Take responsibility for offsite raw material transport incident/loss of containment issue resolution and reporting.
- Raise Supplier complaints and work closely with the Procurement Managers’ to resolve any site raw material and packaging issues. Liaise with the suppliers and internal departments to resolve and close off all complaints.
- General ad-hoc office duties.
- Support with any departmental projects.
At Synthomer, we’re redefining career development. You won’t find generic career tracks or cookie-cutter development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to provide the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.