- Post Date:9th February 2022 14176
- Views 123
Domino Printing Sciences provides industrial printing expertise and reliable solutions to help the world’s manufacturers be sustainable and cut waste, while attracting, informing, and protecting consumers. Global manufacturers across the food and beverage, life sciences, personal care, agrochemical, and industrial sectors trust Domino to support them with innovative coding, marking, and digital printing solutions. Our products help ensure the success of manufacturers’ products by allowing them to create differentiated packaging, protect against counterfeiting, and ensure governmental and regulatory compliance. From best before dates on eggs, to serialised identifying codes on medicines, to batch codes on electronic components, to competition codes in confectionery, Domino helps to enable product safety, improved supply chain management and brand protection.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the business as a Quality Engineer, based at our Liverpool Fluids Plant. Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role will liaise with all departments within the Liverpool site to ensure that a culture of standardisation and control is developed.
As the Quality Engineer you will hold responsibility for managing the ISO systems on site and develop other areas of Quality and Process improvement projects to initiate efficiency and quality improvements. Key accountabilities include:
- Coordination of the Quality Management Systems (including ISO14001 EMS and ISO45001), leading the audit schedule and reviewing the effectiveness of the system on a regular basis
- Drive the use of statistical techniques such as Gauge, R&R, Statistical Process Control and 6-sigma techniques to improve product consistency
- Address the most critical quality and capability issues based on pareto analysis
- Collect and develop technical knowledge relating to new products, carrying out additional wet-testing and analysis when necessary
- Ensure that robust methods are used to identify the root cause for non-compliance and implement corrective actions which will be monitored for effectiveness
- Participate in Packaging FMEA work to ensure that improvements are made that target 6-sigma levels of reliability
- Participate in the collection and analysis of quality KPI data
- Work closely alongside the NPI team and the Marking Materials team to address issues and ensure that controls on production are implemented
- Host customer audits, coordinating responses to NCRs raised
Strong candidates will have a wealth of experience within a similar environment. This role would suit someone who has a working knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO45001 and is looking to develop their career in Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
To be successful in the role you will need to be an effective communicator, able to communicate and operate at all levels within the organisation and have the ability to initiate actions and see them through to completion. We’re looking for candidates who share our passionate about safety, customers, people and processes with a strong desire to continuously develop and improve processes within a challenging environment. This is an excellent opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced global manufacturing business.
Aviation Security: Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will need Aviation Security Clearance. Therefore Aviation Background checks as specified by the Civil Aviation Authority – including a DBS check and 5 years’ employment/educational references – this will need to be completed with us before the successful candidate can start the role.
What you can expect
As a talented individual working at Domino you can expect a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 25 days basic holiday (with the opportunity to buy and sell), a discretionary bonus, life insurance, medical insurance and access to the Green Car Scheme to name a few!
We recognise that flexible homeworking can be beneficial and at Domino we want people to feel able to own the way they work. For many of us this, this might be coming into the office most days, just a couple of times a week, or perhaps fortnightly. What’s important is that we enable you get the best from us and for us to get the best from you, whether that’s from your home office or on site, as long as we continue to collaborate and enable great outcomes for our customers.
We are a highly successful company, we’re large enough to offer career development opportunities yet small enough for your contribution to be readily recognised and rewarded. Our culture is built on our core values, Collaboration, Listening, Expertise, Ambition and Responsibility. We think Domino is a great place to work and if you join us, you’ll find yourself part of organisation which really cares about their people, as well as offering challenging and rewarding careers.
Positions may be at an advanced stage of the recruitment process and can close at any time.