- Post Date:9th February 2022
- Views 340
As a Production Lead you will work closely with team leaders and production operators to identify and implement best practise, you will be responsible for continuous improvement projects, legislative compliance and several health and safety requirements.
As the lead within the loading, mixing and filling of various solvent and water-based paint or paint related products to meet defined safety, environmental, quality, productivity and cost requirements, you will be required to work collaboratively with the production manager, supporting their role and providing cover completely in their absence.
The working hours are 7am to 3pm.
Key Responsibilities, you will:-
- Direct EHS responsibilities, leading investigations, ensuring the compliance of SOP`s and deliver continuous improvements to ensure the reduction in safety incidents.
- Write LOTO documentation and carry out the lock off tag off when required.
- Direct a team of production colleagues, ensuring the correct training, and monitoring of time and attendance is carried out.
- Ensure quality standards are met and adhered to, lead root cause investigation’s and the implementation of corrective actions, participate in the site audit program where required.
- Drive process flow improvements though embedding the Process Tracker and Communication Boards.
- Support the production process in the reduction of cycle times.
- Carry out 5s work to improve engagement in both program and visual improvements.
- Support production to achieve agreed weekly / monthly production plan and identify failure reasons.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification preferred but not crucial.
- Lean manufacturing background preferred, with experience of improving production processes.
- Previous people management, coaching and leadership experience is essential.
- Excellent time keeper with an exceptional work ethic.
- High integrity and honesty with the ability to establish trust and respect.
- Ability to promote collaboration whilst inspiring change and delivering results.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in MS Office Applications!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.