Production Colour Matcher
- Post Date:29th November 2021
- Views 227
About us: Established in 1930 HMG has grown to become the UK’s Largest Independent Paint Manufacturer. At HMG paints we have strong family values and believe that the development of our staff goes hand in hand with the development and growth of the company.
HMG believe that “one paint” does not fit all and work with individual customers and partners to design a range of materials to best fit their process and needs. We see our staff the same and each member of staff has a unique career development path. From making the paint to getting it to its destination there are an array of different positions at Riverside Works. We believe HMG is the best place to work and develop your career.
About the Role:An opportunity has arisen for a Production Colour Matcher within the Belfast Department. The successful candidate will work as part of a close-knit team and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and proactive in terms of taking the initiative to perform tasks as required.The role involves manufacturing products in accordance with formulations and to make any adjustments to the batch to satisfy the colour requirements of the product in alignment with HMG Paints product methods, operating procedures and health and safety policies.
Working Hours: 39 per week Monday to Friday
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To produce production batches in accordance with the formulation.
- To carry out adjustments to batches in accordance with the product specification either as a result of your own assessment of the colour of the product or as a result of Quality Control Testing of other parameters.
- To provide to Quality Control homogeneous samples taken from the batch in progress for their testing.
- To highlight to Quality Control any difficulties in achieving a specific colour match.
- To produce the product in sufficient time to meet of our customer’s delivery requirements.
- To be aware of and follow the appropriate operating procedures for the activities in which you are engaged.
- To ensure that all quality, safety, and environmental rules are obeyed.
- To make your Department Manager – Foreman/Supervisor aware of any deficiencies in equipment or facilities.
- To undergo whatever training is deemed necessary in order to develop and improve your contribution to the operation of your department.
- To ensure that your area of operation is kept clean, tidy and safe
- To continuously strive for improving standards of performance in all aspects of your work.
- Suggestions for improvement in the operations area should be via your supervisor.
- To ensure your work area is kept clean and all dispensing machines and shakers are kept in a good, clean condition.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Previous experience of working in the paint industry is an advantage but not essential as training will be given
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- I.T. skills, Microsoft word, excel
- Able to work in a methodical orderly and tidy manner
- In some instances, able to work unsupervised
- Good attendance and punctuality record
- Be able to follow Health & Safety Regulations
22 days’ holiday plus service days
8 paid bank holidays
Holiday on your Birthday plus double pay
Profit related bonus
Future promotional prospects
Death in service
Free on-site parking
Related Jobs (6)
Production Operative on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Production Operatives on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Logistics Manager on 19th May 2023 Full Time
Operations Supervisor on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Material Handling Operator on 12th May 2023 Full Time
FLT Operator on 21st April 2023 Full Time