Product Data Manager
- Post Date:12th November 2021 14088
- Views 145
Job Title: Product Data Manager
Core Responsibilities And Tasks
The PCG Marketing Information Organization (MIO) is responsible for establishing systems, tools and processes supporting PCG divisions with managing, developing, and finding products. MIO collaborates with several functional areas to find, validate, and manage appropriate product attributes. The team ensures that the product data is available for several different outputs, including websites, product catalogs, product data sheets, and a searchable product database.
This initiative requires a Product Data Manager in EMEAI who can lead MIO initiatives in the region. The successful candidate will create goals with the regional business units and collaborate with the appropriate partners to reach those goals. This includes capturing and organizing relevant product attributes, working closely with R&D, Marketing, Sales, IT, and the Center of Excellence (CoE) data enrichment team. COE and MIO work together to manage product attributes in the Stibo STEP Master Data Management platform.
The Product Data Manager will need to operate independently within EMEAI to champion and achieve the goals of MIO. The successful applicant will have demonstrated the ability to reach out and collaborate with a variety of functions, including those that they have limited familiarity with. They will have the ability to formulate their own strategies and coordinate with the MIO team to ensure alignment on projects and objectives.
Product Data ManagementFacilitate the PCG product master data management strategy
- Critical 15 (C15) Attributes – Assist in population and socialization of C15 attributes, including training both R&D and product setup teams on C15, why it’s important, and how to fill in the data for new products and update existing records.
- Searchable Product Database (SPD) – demonstrate capabilities of SPD, gain commitment from EMEAI Business Unit leaders to develop SPD for Europe.
- Website support – act as primary contact in region for website launches and updates. Understand requirements and modify source data as necessary to make website launch or update successful.
- Partner with divisional marketing and technical teams to facilitate the enrichment of product data for Oracle implementations.
- Assist in the launch of any new tools or systems that consume product master data
- Partner with the functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify business needs, contribute to development of long-term system plans, and ensure products and services are aligned with all businesses.
- Develop and work to implement a process to ensure that data quality remains high.
- Assist in development of product data enrichment workflows that will allow the business to make changes when necessary. Prior to workflow launch, act as main point of contact for necessary updates.
System Integration/Workflow design
- Business lead for project meetings to design and scope solutions that extend the existing functionality of STEP outputs, supporting applications across the Sherwin Williams enterprise.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, including application developers, executives, subject matter experts, marketing, product management, regulatory/compliance teams, IT teams, end users and third parties/vendors, to ensure satisfaction throughout the product life cycle and provide optimal workflows.
Other – While not a primary function of the role, the analyst may be asked to coordinate and advance innovation and ideation tools and processes, as well as data analytics and insights tools that are being lead and developed by the MIO team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Several years of experience with data management platforms, customer service, marketing, or R&D
- Proficient in Excel or analyzing large data files
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Several years of product management experience
- Experience using Stibo STEP or a similar MDM software
- Leading teams with global responsibility
- Manage users, data and security
- Build reports, workflow and dashboards
- Working knowledge of database technologies such as Access, Excel or enterprise systems.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of handling multiple projects at once.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Business Intelligence Reporting (Tableau, Business Objects, Microstrategy)
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.